Country Change Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I never seem to be without some project with having four daughters!

My second oldest will be presenting us with another grandchild in February and just before Thanksgiving she asked me to put together a change table based on a picture/plan that she saw from Ana White....

http://www.ana-white.com/2012/12/plans/changing-table-brookstone

They have quite a country theme going on all through their house, so this is what they wanted to be represented.

This is the finished product ......

DSCN1509.JPG

DSCN1511.JPG

Primarily built with poplar and bead board paneling. Most joinery using 3/8 dowels.

The only real challenge was working in two sliding trays on the top ends of the case. I ended up building a web frame for each end and placing it just far enough inside the case to allow clearance for the sliding trays. I did epoxy some 3/4" aluminum angle to the web frame to allow for a smoother travel for the trays.

DSCN1475.JPG

DSCN1474.JPG

For a finish, they selected Seagull Gray General Finishes Milk Paint. I gave the whole cabinet 3 coats of the milk paint using brushes and a 4" foam roller and top coated by spraying 4 coats of General Finishes High Performance Satin clear coat. Door hardware was cast iron full wrap hinges and knobs from Amerock.

All done and delivered yesterday.

Thanks for looking.

Wayne

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks great!
Your daughter will be happy with that!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Sweet... I have a book around here somewhere that the wife bought for me with all kinds of things like that made out of pine though.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Great looking piece, Wayne. I like how you worked in the two sliding trays, and the finish is perfect. :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS