Corian Cutoffs

copythat

New User
Rob
Does anyone have a source for inexpensive Corian cutoffs? I would like to try carving the material on my CNC machine.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Try a countertop company Rob. They discard sink cutouts daily

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The solid surface fabricators we use at work use traditional woodworking tools for this product, including table saws, and standard hole saws and jigsaws, router bits. For production purposes they use carbide where applicable. Random orbit sanders and 1000+ grit for a finish. You will create some smelly dust, though. Masks or a good dust collection system are a must.

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Does anyone have a source for inexpensive Corian cutoffs? I would like to try carving the material on my CNC machine.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

My wife asked for a shelf and we decided to try Corian. I found it on Craigslist, very reasonably priced. But it did require some patience to find an approved color.

It cut easily. We went with a profiled edge which I routed in-shop. Easily cut and smooth surface- I used very light cuts with multiple passes, which created super light plastic flakes that flew everywhere like snow. I'm still finding them a year later :rotflm:

It finished easily - I had to sand down a deep scratch - but the machined surfaces required no sanding or additional work.

Mike

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS