Converting a Pressure Pot

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I would like to make some hybrid resin/wood turning blanks and have purchased a pressure pot. If anyone has converted a paint pressure pot for resin use and would be willing to provide advice, would you please PM me?

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
There are a ton of videos for converting a painters pressure pot to a casting pressure pot. It comes down to the brand you purchased as far as how to convert it.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
There are a ton of videos for converting a painters pressure pot to a casting pressure pot. It comes down to the brand you purchased as far as how to convert it.
Yes, I know. And I have watched several of them. But mine has parts on the lid that no video mentions and I don't know what they are or if they should be removed.
1639443176774.png

Last edited:

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Yeah, I don't know about this particular one but it looks like a fancier, more expensive pot. With that in mind, have you considered just going with a pot designed specifically for casting purposes? California Air Tools released a pressure pot model specifically engineering for casters (model 365C). Here is a link to the pot below, it is 5 gallons and costs roughly $300 while requiring zero modifications. Just something to consider.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS