Completed Rocking Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have finally completed my first attempt at a Maloof Style Rocker. All that is left is to sweeten up the sculpting at the joints and final sand to 320 before the finish is applied. Wood is Genuine Mahogany and will be finished with hand rubbed oil and wax.

Attachments

• dresser 010.jpg
    dresser 010.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 194

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Great job - Fine looking rocker :eusa_danc
Do you have a place for it in the bus ?!?

pete

MikeH

New User
Mike
Dino the rocker looks awesome! Great job. I can't wait to see it with a finish on it. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

SSuther

New User
Stan
If I didn't know better, I'd think Sam was visiting the group. Nice work! Quite an accomplishment for a first effort of this sort.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
what a show of talent! can you give us an overview of time spent, the process of making it? Thanks for sharing!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
. . .. All that is left is to sweeten up the sculpting at the joints and final sand to 320 before the finish is applied. Wood is Genuine Mahogany and will be finished with hand rubbed oil and wax.

Couldn't get much sweeter Dino :icon_thum
It's beautiful!

Roger

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Great job, Dino. I'm proud of my "classmate" and envious too. Mine has been untouched for over a month now. It seems everything else demands time. I want to get down to see yours in person soon. Super WOW!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Congratulations - that's a true work of art, Dino. I can only imagine the pride you must feel when you look at that lovely rocker and realize that YOU made it.

Pretty stuff. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
That is a beautiful rocking chair. It is almost too pretty to use. Congratulations on an impressive heirloom.

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS