Completed Miter Saw Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Thanks to photos and posts from NC woodworker members, I was able to design a miter saw station. Attached are photos of the finished product.

The base is a piece of 3/4 plywood on the workbench. A few weeks ago at IKEA in charlotte, I ran across 24" x 36" x 3/4" birch panels for $1.99 each. The unit is made from 3 panels. The panels are made of 2 inch strips glued together. I used these panels to construct all of the parts of the unit. The fence is a 3/4 piece of plywood with the dace as a piece of birch 4 1/2" high. It has a piece of T track at 1/4" below the top to hold a stop block or hold down (2 x $10). I also attached a piece of track that has a T track on the front and a tape along the top of the fence (this was a woodworker supply yard sale item $5). I also added a section at the right side for my mortise cutting machine with the work surface at the same level as the miter saw deck. I can use the longer fence by adjusting the position of the mortise cutter or can remove the unit all together if cutting longer stock or cutting a mortice in the middle of a longer piece. Total cost <$50 for the entire unit. Everything is glued and biscuit jointed. It should be mobile should I decide to move from the current location to another workbench.

Thank you to those members that provided guidance and photos. These were very helpful

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Everything that makes the task easier, makes the work more fun.
And it looks like you've built a winner there.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that is really slick looking!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

And what a great deal you scored on the materials. Your fence height sure looks a lot better than the one I finished today.

(It must have been a week for building miter stations here at good ol' NCWW'r.)

Yours looks terrific and will no doubt serve you very well.

Well Done!:eusa_clap

Wayne

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Very nice!! Love the deal on materials that's using your noggin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS