Community THANK YOU Project - Task list added

Skymaster

New User
Jack
keep me posted Phil, tho i lack both a lathe and scroll saw. Dont know if there wood bee anything I could do in my shop

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here is an angel for you scroll saw people who want to contribute. The actual height is 4 1/2". It took me about 30 minutes start to finish. I used pine for the wings and poplar for the body. It was cut with a #7 blade. Any woods will work. Both parts are cut from 1 1/2" stock. It is based on a Diana Thompson design from her book Compound Christmas Ornaments for the Scroll Saw. It is appropriately called "Guardian Angel. If you need help finding the pattern or cutting them Message me. I am also looking at some simpler flat designs to recommend.

NCWW angel.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My first offerings are ready. I have been simplifying the design as I go. The finish is a single coat of Danish Oil. Wings are maple. The front most one is poplar. The other 4 is I think aspen. It is what I had in 1 1/2" stock. I probably have enough stock in the shop to do a dozen or so more.

1588368085517.png

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a set of Sue Mey's angels - flat cut. There are several kinds. 4" - 6". Now comes the big question since I know the western group is working on some. Distributing to where? Getting the NCWW cards from where? Timeline?View attachment 193463
I like those, thanks. I am glad to hear the western group is working on some. I am hoping to find a graphics designer that could come up with a NCWW thank you card. We have the logo on file. My goal is to distribute in mid June. Exactly where depends on the amount of angels we can make. It would be great to distribute in Charlotte, W-S and Raleigh. To get approval from the community donation coordinator that every hospital has, I believe we need at least 100 per site.

Here is a quick project that I worked on this morning. I have enough supplies to make at least 200 more

IMG_5690.jpg

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
I would be happy to come (with mask and cleaner) and train you. what equipment do you have?
I appreciate the offer, but I’m far away from you. I have a jet 1214 lathe with the annoying belts to change speeds.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I appreciate the offer, but I’m far away from you. I have a jet 1214 lathe with the annoying belts to change speeds.
That lathe is what I started on. You are right, changing speeds is a bit of a pain so I just set it at 1000 - 1200 and turned and finished at one speed.
My offer still stands if you are available during the weekdays, Saturday I am wrapped up with an angel workshop

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I added an organizational task list and names of volunteers - so far. Please let me know what you can help with

THANKS

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
OK Scott, I'll match your bid and raise you...……………………………………..
50 sounds like a nice number. Please tell me which blade you are using the most for this project. I need to order some blades tomorrow and was consider FD Polars again. Just wish they were more skip tooth.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK Scott, I'll match your bid and raise you...……………………………………..
50 sounds like a nice number. Please tell me which blade you are using the most for this project. I need to order some blades tomorrow and was consider FD Polars again. Just wish they were more skip tooth.
FD polar #7 and also Pegas MGT #7.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Got a few Pegas MGT#7 on hand, but the Polars are long gone. Ordering tomorrow! And thank you brother!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS