Commissioned Help '

CCEX3

New User
corey
To all my turners in and around Charlotte. I’m looking for someone to help me turn a pedestal for a kitchen table. There are several options online but I need one made of white oak. I don’t own a lathe, especially one that is capable of turning something this large, which is approximately 23” x 6 1/2”. Please let me know if you’re interested in tackling this job and we can discuss the finer details.

Please see the picture for design and additional context.

Thanks,
Corey

Attachments

• 90748D22-D2C3-4465-8342-3D9C83CD8871.jpeg
    90748D22-D2C3-4465-8342-3D9C83CD8871.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's not really very big. Most anyone here could turn that.
Hope you find someone close to you. It would be fun for you to watch or even help.

CCEX3

New User
corey
That's not really very big. Most anyone here could turn that.
Hope you find someone close to you. It would be fun for you to watch or even help.

Thanks Mike, I was worried about the weight associated with the dimensions.

I agree, I’d love to be a part of it. The lathe is such a unique tool and in a league of its own. Really difficult to replicate the results with anything else.....lots of hand carving and sand paper I suppose.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
To all my turners in and around Charlotte. I’m looking for someone to help me turn a pedestal for a kitchen table. There are several options online but I need one made of white oak. I don’t own a lathe, especially one that is capable of turning something this large, which is approximately 23” x 6 1/2”. Please let me know if you’re interested in tackling this job and we can discuss the finer details.

Please see the picture for design and additional context.

Thanks,
Corey
Do you have a detailed sketch and the wood? Based on the little picture, that would not be too difficult. Only problem is, I’m 4+ hrs away. Ideally, if you could mill and glue up the blank (perfect joints, no gaps anywhere!) it’s probably only a couple hours of lathe time.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS