CLT Woodworkding Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I may be able to go there, need to get closer to the time and how work is going. I could refurbish an old Stanley or sharpen pocket knives for charity or something.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
BUMP

BTW The show will be issuing NCWW free tickets for the volunteers who will be working the NCWW booth. If I recall from last spring we got 10 or 12 free passes each day.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm looking forward to the show--I can stand next to Scott and make him look even better! :tinysmile_tongue_t: I will try to do 2 days of the show, Fri. and Sat. Can bring my favorite weapon, Dewalt DW788, and demonstrate sawdusting. We can cut whatever, but 3D, or compund cutting always creates interest. I am un-retired, and there is always the slight posibility I may be required to be on the road, or just plain dead, but those are possibilties I sure hope don't come up.:gar-La;

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Dennis,

I'll do what I can to help out again this year. I'm not sure yet when I can be there, but it will likely be Friday and Saturday.

Charley

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm looking forward to the show--I can stand next to Scott and make him look even better! :tinysmile_tongue_t: I will try to do 2 days of the show, Fri. and Sat. Can bring my favorite weapon, Dewalt DW788, and demonstrate sawdusting. We can cut whatever, but 3D, or compund cutting always creates interest. I am un-retired, and there is always the slight posibility I may be required to be on the road, or just plain dead, but those are possibilties I sure hope don't come up.:gar-La;

We made a great tag team last year. It was me who was honored to share the space with you.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've let this issue languish over the holidays because I felt everyone would be more focused on their families & such.
Now that a date of March 23-25 is set we need to establish who will be there when and what demonstration schedule we can set up. This needs to be forwarded to the show coordinators to include in their pre show publicity as well as their programs.

So far I have only 4 members besides myself committed for demonstrations and we need to confirm what days they can be there. Matt Furjanic has volunteered to do an inlay demo and Mike Davis has offered to do a plane sharpening session. Also, ScottM and Sawman101 have agreed to do scroll saw work but we haven't established a date for any of these. I will bring a lathe for small turnings but this event is usually overshadowed by the wood-turner's groups. The assistance of everyone else, (Bill Clemmons, JackLeg, Charles Lent) will also need to be coordinated.
Don't forget, folks, the volunteers do get free passes :eusa_danc, but you'll still need to pay for parking......:tinysmile_cry_t:

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Hi Dennis, First of all, thanks for all the time you put in on this.
I prefer Friday, early shift, but if it would be more convenient for the schedule, I can do any time, any day. Matt...

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've let this issue languish over the holidays because I felt everyone would be more focused on their families & such.
Now that a date of March 23-25 is set we need to establish who will be there when and what demonstration schedule we can set up. This needs to be forwarded to the show coordinators to include in their pre show publicity as well as their programs.

So far I have only 4 members besides myself committed for demonstrations and we need to confirm what days they can be there. Matt Furjanic has volunteered to do an inlay demo and Mike Davis has offered to do a plane sharpening session. Also, ScottM and Sawman101 have agreed to do scroll saw work but we haven't established a date for any of these. I will bring a lathe for small turnings but this event is usually overshadowed by the wood-turner's groups. The assistance of everyone else, (Bill Clemmons, JackLeg, Charles Lent) will also need to be coordinated.
Don't forget, folks, the volunteers do get free passes :eusa_danc, but you'll still need to pay for parking......:tinysmile_cry_t:

I can do any of the days you need me to so let Bruce pick first.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I can be there any day you need a warm body. I enjoyed promoting NCWW last year and am looking forward to being there this year.

Berta

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I always prefer to be there on the first day (Friday). Let me know if you want me to do my "old man rocking" demo and I'll bring my shop rocking chair. :rotflm:
IMG_12505.JPG

View image in gallery

Bill

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Bill, leave the chair there so I can be an old broad rocking later on :rotflm:

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Dennis,

I could do some power carving if there is space for me to do it. I use i/16" dentist bits and air powered equipment.My carving compressor is a pancake style, but makes less noise than a refrigerator. What I do is similar to gunstock relief type carving.

Charley

cskipper

Cathy
I should be able to be there this year. Avoiding Friday would be better (increases the likelihood that John can come with me), but as of this moment I really can do any.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'll be trying for Sat. and Sun. Dennis. It seems that last year I showed an exhibitor pass that allowed me to park free.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
fwiw if you don't mind a walk and aren't buying anything big you can always park for free across the street at the arena and walk under the road in the tunnel and over to the show building.

fwiw if you don't mind a walk and aren't buying anything big you can always park for free across the street at the arena and walk under the road in the tunnel and over to the show building.

I would not do that it is also a private lot even though it is owned by the city and you will get booted or towed.... I would not push my luck doing that

I wish they would change there Charlotte date and find a new venue that better suits the show

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My mind is a bit feeble but I do recall they gave us some number of free parking passes. I never used mine as I got in early every day and parked in exhibitor parking.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I would not do that it is also a private lot even though it is owned by the city and you will get booted or towed.... I would not push my luck doing that

I wish they would change there Charlotte date and find a new venue that better suits the show

guess i'm just lucky been doing it for years with no issue.

scrl4u

New User
Perk
I can help any days you need. I have a Hegner scroll saw and I can do demos on it. I used to do demos for the wood shows.

Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS