Class on Sharpening and class on handplanes needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredd3039

New User
Frankie
Hello all. I live in Albemarle NC and I am desperately looking for someone to teach me sharpening techniques and how to set up and use hand planes. I am self taught and have never had the opportunity to compare my methods with anyone else and really have no idea what a properly sharpened hand plane feels like when using it. Who knows, I may have it right. I doubt it, but anything is possible. I would be happy to pay someone for their time if they would be willing to teach me. I would be willing to work for someone for free in their shop (internship/apprenticeship) if anyone knows of one. I am fluent in power tools and machines but I am just starting with hand tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Frankie, I am by no means an expert but I was trained by Mike Davis how to sharpen hand planes and have helped a few others with theirs. I am available on most Saturdays if you would like to either come to my garage workshop or I can come to your shop. I will not be available this coming SAT (1 SEP) as I have to work. There is no charge for my services but if you want to make a donation to NCWW that would work out just fine. Let me know if you would like to meet up.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Frankie, if you don't find someone to help you before the handsaw workshop on Sept. 15, bring your hand plane w/ you. We'll see what we can do during the workshop, or after.

fredd3039

New User
Frankie
Mike,
I would love to take you up on that but your about an hour and a half away. To far for me to drive every day. Unless you have a week long project or something and I can get a hotel up there.
Frank

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have two other guys coming to my shop on Saturday the 15th. Might be a little crowded but we should be able to fit n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS