Cigar Humidor

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
Very nice work! It is much larger than I thought from seeing the in progress photos then seeing the new owner holding it. It look huge.

Beautiful finish too.
Yeah it's not small, but it's not too big either. The finish is deft spray lacquer, I love using it, I just sand to 320 and spray a few even coats and it just makes the work pop. The deft lacquer spray is definitely my favorite finish for larger pieces.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks!!

I use hand tools all the time, although, I have yet to tune my hand planes. My chisels and hand saws see their fair share of work on a regular basis, I am just bad about posting my work. I haven't learned to hand cut dovetails yet but it is something I definitely want to learn.
If you want to get together some weekend and tune the hand planes, cut some dovetails or just talk shop let me know.

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
If you want to get together some weekend and tune the hand planes, cut some dovetails or just talk shop let me know.
I will take you up on the offer some time in the near future, I am currently working my month of weekends but next month will be great, I think

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's a great piece. You should definitely get to your hand planes. Once you add them to your work flow you will wonder why you haven't added them earlier. And for any reason you can't get together with Mike then send me a message and we will work out something.

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
That's a great piece. You should definitely get to your hand planes. Once you add them to your work flow you will wonder why you haven't added them earlier. And for any reason you can't get together with Mike then send me a message and we will work out something.
Awesome!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors