Christmas ornament

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
The stand is Beech, the ornament is cherry.
image.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
for the rest of us novices - why do you say that?
As many know there are two types of scroll saw blades. You have your traditional flat blades where the blade is flat and the teeth are on one side. They cut in one direction. You feed the wood straight into the blade. The other type blades are spiral blades. They are round and have teeth all the way around the blade. So any way you move the wood it cuts. Many people do not like spiral blades as there is a learning curve but they are the best choice for some projects. The interior cuts on this ornament are ideal for spirals.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I don't use spirals much, but they do work well where I do use them. The reason I don't use spirals more is because on my Hawk G4 saw I have Ponzguy blade clamps which work poorly with spirals. I use spirals on my Hawk 226vs Ultra, but I enjoy using the G426 much more. Very well done Berta, and illustrates why you are the Queen of NCWW scrollers! Merry Christmas sweetheart, and love to you and Chuck both!

SteveJohnson

New User
Steve
As many know there are two types of scroll saw blades. You have your traditional flat blades where the blade is flat and the teeth are on one side. They cut in one direction. You feed the wood straight into the blade. The other type blades are spiral blades. They are round and have teeth all the way around the blade. So any way you move the wood it cuts. Many people do not like spiral blades as there is a learning curve but they are the best choice for some projects. The interior cuts on this ornament are ideal for spirals.
Thank you Scott!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Because of the tight spins that was involved. I use spirals on most portraits and a lot of animals fretwork too. A great scroller (Scott M) once told me that a good scroller can learn to use both.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS