Cherry vs Oak for Library Table project

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Interesting read in this thread, we all have our preferences.

Cherry is my favorite of the domestic hardwoods. For me comparing Cherry to Oak is proportional to comparing gold to brass.

For dark colors, Imbuia which is an import would be my first choice, followed by Walnut.

Staining Cherry compares to painting gold, if I have to match something with stain, it would either be Maple, Oak or Ash.

KurtB

Kurt
Corporate Member
Interesting read in this thread, we all have our preferences.

Cherry is my favorite of the domestic hardwoods. For me comparing Cherry to Oak is proportional to comparing gold to brass.

For dark colors, Imbuia which is an import would be my first choice, followed by Walnut.

Staining Cherry compares to painting gold, if I have to match something with stain, it would either be Maple, Oak or Ash.
I guess I'm going to have to go with Cherry. I've heard so many good things about it and really like the look when finished. I'll be interested to see how it is to work with.

KurtB

Kurt
Corporate Member
Try World Timber Corp in Hubert, NC. Pretty close to you…
Thanks Matt. I did use them once before. Got some Zebrawood and Ambrosia Maple for a small project. I'll check, but back then they only had waste pieces out in a trailer for smaller projects. I'm thinking they didn't even have cherry.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS