Check Out pensforcollege.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Hi Everyone,

Over the past few months Alex and his mom have been working to build a website for Alex's business, Pens for College. They tried a few different site building options with various levels of success. Then a few weeks ago I saw a post by Sandy Rose mentioning Microsoft OfficeLive free web hosting. We took a look and signed up for a free web site. Alex and Cathleen have been working steady for nearly 3 weeks and the site is just about done. I still need to program the shopping cart and add prices and "add to cart" buttons but the content is all there. Cathleen has never built a web site before and has no HTML experience so this "drag and drop" approach seemed to work well. The OfficeLive program for site building is very limited but I think they did a great job of customizing the site with the available tools. Please take a look and let us know what you think.

www.pensforcollege.com

If you have and comments, suggestions o see a problem please use the "contact us" form.

Thanks,

George

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Re: Please Check Out pensforcollege.com

Nice job on the website! Get that thing in some search engines! :icon_thum

GeorgeL

New User
George

Nice job on the website! Get that thing in some search engines! :icon_thum

I did register with Google and Microsoft Live Search. However there is no telling when of if they will add his URL to their search engine. If you google it now it is not listed. However if you click "Images" the first link is to one of Alex's pens here on NCWW. If you click "video" his celtic knot video on YouTube is half way down the page.

George

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

Very cool. I hope they get him in there pretty soon. Have you thought about approaching one of the local news stations? Maybe they'd like to do a story about it. That would be some great publicity. I can't wait to see how this "turns out". :icon_thum

Trent

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

Great looking site.. Alex I hope you sell enough pens to pay cash for your education. Good luck.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

The sight looks good George, but I think what shocked me the most was that Alex got 2nd for that video. I can't believe that some other kid won.

Anyway, good luck with site.

M

McRabbet

Great job on the website -- very professional looking and we all hope it produces excellent results that aren't too overwhelming! I enjoyed watching the videoo again and continue to be amazed by all of Alex's talents!

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member

I'm very impressed, but this isn't the first time I've said that about Alex. Way to go with the web site and the pens!! This looks like a very professional site, and hopefully will generate a lot of sales traffic. :icon_thum

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member

George, you guys have done a terrific job putting that site together. The layout and photography are very appealing. I think that this is a great thing that Alex is doing, and I believe that the story could teach and inspire others to foster an entrepreneurial spirit. I had thought about creating a site for myself. If I did, I hope that it could look as good as yours! :icon_thum

Trent may be on to something. With tuition increases each year and all of the doom and gloom reporting these days, this would be a unique and timely story to air.

Badabing

New User
Joe

That is an INCREDIBLE looking website! Very professionally done and impressive! I've always been amazed by Alex's work, kudos to him, and all of the family for the efforts!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

That is an INCREDIBLE looking website! Very professionally done and impressive!

Wait, don't you work for Microsoft ... and create the tool they used to template that site? Is that an indirect self-compliment? :gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Awesome work, a very fitting site to showcase Alex's pens. My favorite parts are the Awards, Recognition & Milestones and the Testimonials. I'm as proud of Alex as if he was my own son.

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

Very nice looking site, Alex should get a lot of mileage out of that site.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Nice - Alex you are doing a fantastic job and I know that your parents are very proud of you for taking the responsibility in doing this for your future education:icon_thum:icon_thum

tsmart

New User
Troy

Cool pens. I'll post the link on some other forums I visit - in effort to help drive up sales.:icon_thum

GeorgeL

New User
George

Cool pens. I'll post the link on some other forums I visit - in effort to help drive up sales.:icon_thum

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate the offer but if you could hold off for a few days until we get the pricing and shopping cart set up I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS