Charlotte Woodworker's Show "Get-Together"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
I am about 15 miles north of the Charlotte Merchandise Mart. My wife and I would be be willing to offer our house/shop as a convenient meeting place if any of you are planning to go to the Show and would like to gather for some conversations and maybe even some "adult beverages" before or after the show. Even if you don't want to converse you can use our house as a pit stop. :lol:

Either day of the show (or all three days if there's that much interest) is fine with us. We'll be home the entire weekend anyway, except for the time I am drooling over machinery at the show.

Also I would be glad to offer my shop to store equipment purchases that you're afraid to take home for your spouse to see. :roll: The only rental charge is my use of the equipment until you pick it up - or until I move away and take it with me. Which ever comes first. :rolf:

M

McRabbet

Hugh,

I've been to the Charlotte show at least 3-4 times and have always enjoyed it -:-D - my nephew (also a woodworker) lives off Beatties Ford Rd north of town and we always go together -- this year will be no different and I'd love to swing by your place to see any fellow NCWW'ers and share a cold one (or two). I suspect I'll drive down Friday (about 2-1/2 hrs) and spend the night with them and go to the show on Saturday, but it is dependent on his schedule. We'll keep you posted.
Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
Hey, I'm up for another gathering! We've got a few more members now since the last Hickory gathering.

Just in case, here's a link to more information about the show.

cskipper

Cathy
I think it would be great to get together. Thanks, Hugh, got the offer. I think any purchases I might make might be safer with me:lol: . Saturday would probably work better for us since we are both working M-F.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Like Steve, I haven't figured out my schedule yet. But I am considering hitting the show in Greensboro on Friday, then shoot down to Charlotte and spend Friday night so I can get an early start when the doors open Saturday morning. I normally try to stay at the Ramada Inn that is only a block away from the Merchant's Mart.

I am up for any gatherings planned for GSO on Friday or Charlotte, Friday night or Saturday. Once I get my schedule locked in I'll repost something here.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Man, that coupon list has me salivating! And hpetty's offer is more than generous. Certainly hope I can work out something.

Hmm, mixing :drunken_s plus :saw: could result in terminal case of Woodguy Disease :slap:

But what a way to go :lol:

Sapwood

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I notice Cathy has said she ( we ) be going Saturday and it would be fun getting together and meeting everyone. As far as buying goodies I,m the one who needs a place to keep Cathy.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Sounds good that several of you are going to this show. I've gone for the past 4-5 years and have really enjoyed it. I may try to go Friday and beat the crowd. Keep us abreast of the plans and I might try to make a get-together.

Another tid-bit, last year Blume Supply on South Blvd in Charlotte had their own "show" going at their store that was pretty good. Food, demo's, and some great deals, i.e. Freud 8" stack dado set for ~$65. Piles of other deals on equipment and accessories.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Hey guys we can all meet up somewhere. I should be in my new place by then in Huntersville off of Beatties Ford, so it seems like all of us Charlotte Folks are close together. Just let me know when you guys want to meet.

cskipper

Cathy
Okay - let's attempt to firm up the Charlotte show gathering. I chatted with hpetty and he said that he is still happy to have folks over. He apparently lives within 15 minutes of the show. How about late Sat afternoon (that way we can see the demos etc)?

If we can't do that can we at least meet up front at the concession stand at a specific time/date and visit?

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Sounds like a good idea, Cathy. I plan to drive down Friday afternoon and stay with my nephew Brad Glover (he's a new member, bglover) and then got to the show on Saturday morning. JohnsonMBrandon lives close to hpetty and to Brad (off Beatties Ford Rd) so a late Saturday get together seems fine. We should also set a time like Noon in front of the concession stand to meet and greet.

Rob
cskipper said:
Okay - let's attempt to firm up the Charlotte show gathering. I chatted with hpetty and he said that he is still happy to have folks over. He apparently lives within 15 minutes of the show. How about late Sat afternoon (that way we can see the demos etc)?

If we can't do that can we at least meet up front at the concession stand at a specific time/date and visit?

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
GRRRRR:-x ..........It is starting to look like I may not be available now to attend either the Greensboro or Charlotte show due to some upcoming travel requirements for me.:BangHead: Things are always subject to change though so I will continue to follow this thread in case I can make it.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors