Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
RECEIVED THIS IN MY EMAIL TODAY >>>

Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:56 PM
Subject: Charlotte Woodturners Club Meeting FEB 15th

Hello everyone,

I wanted to send you this reminder about 2 important dates this week. Happy Valentines Day and our Charlotte Woodturners Club meeting at UNCC this Thursday 15th. Our guest turner is no other than our own Raymond Overman. You can view his work on the AAW web site, showing an outstanding natural edge cherry bowl. At this meeting he is going to demonstrate how he did it and you are welcome to ask all the questions that you want. We are also inviting anyone with a jig that they have to bring and share it with our members and guest. BRUCE LACEY IS LIMITED TO TWO JIGS. This is so everyone else has a chance to tell about theirs. If you have any problem pieces bring them for discussion. We also encourage everyone to bring something they have turned to tell us how they did it and also to have it photographed. We would like more pictures on our web site of our members and guest turnings. Our meeting are always open to new and seasoned turners, as well as a you pros. Speaking of pros, Bill McInnis just had his 'coming out party' at Red Sky Gallery as a featured artist. Bill has been actively creating more ART FORMS and has taken his turning beyond the craft of woodturning. Another one of our valued members has been selected to the Hugh McCall Art Center. We congratulate you Anatoly Tsirs on this great honor. If you haven't seen Anatoly's work you are in for a surprise. His hollow form vessels are from 2' on a small one to 3'-4' tall on the average ones. He usually brings some recent turned items with him at our meetings, and if you haven't seen one, get ready for the WOW!. We are now meeting at UNCC Campus and you can visit our web site for directions. Anyone wishing to car pool meet at the BB&T bank on HWY 49 [right side] just past Harris Blvd. The bank is in the shopping center with O'Charlies Restaurant. Our business meeting starts a 5PM and everyone is welcome. Our social hour for the regular meeting is from 6PM until around 6.30 and we are usually finished by 8.30 to 9PM. If you haven't visited the Charlotte Woodturners Club lately please do so. We would love to have you visit us. For more info, check out the web site at Charlotte Woodturners > Home Any comments or questions please feel free to email me back seascaper@comporium.net.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you Thursday,

John Benton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors