Shaper 250
Sander 150
15618201365269027641453690360724.jpg

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Would somebody pick up the sander for me please?

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Somebody here bought these today, right?

It's too good of a deal to pass up. I hope a member here was able to get them, or at least the saw and the sander.

Charley

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Is that a true unisaw? I thought the unisaw had a left tilting blade. This looks like it tilts right. Contractor saw versions of the unisaw, just with an enclosed base.
Anyone have further info? I may swing by to see the saw.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Finding such tools at Habitat is like finding unicorns, you just have to keep looking........
Kudos to the donor, likely a family member who couldn't think of another way to dispose of them after a loved one had passed, or someone retiring and downsizing to an apartment......

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Finding such tools at Habitat is like finding unicorns, you just have to keep looking........
Kudos to the donor, likely a family member who couldn't think of another way to dispose of them after a loved one had passed, or someone retiring and downsizing to an apartment......

The Restore in New Bern had a brand new Lamello biscuit joiner in a wooden case a while back. I have a DeWalt I don't use... didn't see the need for another.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Restores seem to vary. The one here in Roanoke has all kinds of unwanted retail store merchandise at extremely high prices. Its awful. I know of people that have donated tools and machines but that stuff never seems to make it to the sales floor.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Man, I was just at the Wendover ReStore on Tuesday. I might swing by again today.

I go to the Matthews ReStore frequently. They sometimes get some good tools in there. They usually are a little overpriced for the power tools though. They have a delta dust collector now, but it's a small one and they're asking $200, which is about double what I think it's worth. They frequently get radial arm saws too for whatever reason. They have one right now. I never considered it since I don't have the space, but they're usually around $100-150 when they have one.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I stopped by the Wendover store and bought the saw. I'm looking for a few upgrades to it, blade throat plates and a replacement side motor cover. It's in pretty good shape for it's age. But its heavy!
The sanding station was already gone. The shape was still there.

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
Is that a true unisaw? I thought the unisaw had a left tilting blade. This looks like it tilts right. Contractor saw versions of the unisaw, just with an enclosed base.
Anyone have further info? I may swing by to see the saw.
My Unisaw (90s vintage) s a right tilt.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
unisaurs come in right or left tilt. I prefer right tilt and that's what I have. good luck finding the motor cover. it would be easier to find a 3 eyed unicorn.;) better money spent would be for a better fence.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I stopped by the Wendover store and bought the saw. I'm looking for a few upgrades to it, blade throat plates and a replacement side motor cover. It's in pretty good shape for it's age. But its heavy!
The sanding station was already gone. The shape was still there.
Kevin -
Glad you got the saw!
Remember Bruce (Sawman101) had some Phenolic and different sized table saw plates for sale - I think he had some of the Phenolic left if you have a pattern you can route from?! (Just a thought...)

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Are you able to find replacement parts?

Renovo parts has parts, but very few accessories like the various throat plates and motor covers.

That's a very popular saw for good reason. It would easily be over $3000.00 new these days.

Motor covers are nice if you've got a duster hookup to the saw, otherwise leave it open so the motor can cool itself.

There's a dinky rubber bushing that can cause all sorts of problems with that fence if it gets worn. Go over to OWWM.org and put 904080214550 in the search box. Renovo has that part also.

Vintagemachinery.org has the manuals.
Delta Manufacturing Co. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org
Try this:
Delta Manufacturing Co. - Publication Reprints - Delta 10" Tilting Arbor Saw (Unisaw) 422-04-651-0012 | VintageMachinery.org
Parts illustration
Delta Manufacturing Co. - Publication Reprints - Delta 10" Tilting Arbor Saw (Unisaw) 422-04-651-0015 | VintageMachinery.org

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS