Charles "ccccarving" Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
When I was looking at the various entries for the calendar contest, one of the carvings caught my eye. I really liked the subject matter and I knew that my wife would really like it. I thought it would make a great Christmas present for my wife.

100_1188.JPG

So I contacted Charlie and asked him if it was for sale. And he said it was. I didn't have a chance to go and get until Thanksgiving day when my wife and I were on the way to Winston-Salem for Thanksgiving dinner. Charlie and I met in a Shoney's parking lot west of Greensboro. So there was no way for me to keep it a secret.

Anyway, the point of this post is that the piece exceeded my expectations and my wife was enthralled by it. The detail, the coloring, etc. were excellent. When he handed it to me, I was expecting it to be much heavier. If you'll notice the wolf is sleeoing on some rocks. I thought they were real and was expecting their weight. But they too were just basswood.

So Charlie, thank you, my wife was very happy and so was I. Your work is more beautiful in person.

If any of the rest of you are looking for a unique gift, you might want to see if you can get Charlie to part with one of his works.

ccccarving

New User
Charles
Steve Thanks for the praise and I'm very happy you liked it so much. It pleases me that your wife liked it.
Thanks again Charlie

Monty

New User
Monty
Awesome! I got to see that red tailed hawk carving first-hand, so I know the quality of Charles' work.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I, too, thought the rocks were real when I first saw them in Hickory. Almost anyone can make something straight or square, but it takes artistic talent to carve. Great job Charlie, and a great gift choice for your wife Steve :eusa_clap

Hope the pets aren't jealous :lol:

Roger

J

jeff...

I too glanced a time or two at his photo galary the attention to detail is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS