Chapel Hill now has a Habitat Re-store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
The store has just recently opened. It is located at the intersection of I-40 and Hwy 15-501 (Exit 270 off I-40) in the former Haverty's Furniture building which is beside the Bob Evans Restaurant. I was there today and they had some decent stuff. I'm sure that since it is new, it will have more items as time goes on.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome I am a big fan of HfH, and you can find some great stuff at their Re-use stores. I picked up 60 LF of WO, flat sawn for a $1 a foot, most of it was 12-16" wide :gar-Bi

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Oh boy! Now I can make a day of re-storeing! Swing out to burlington, back to chapel hill, up thru durham then home.

Who says I have too many building supplies stacked up in my yard.....

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oh boy! Now I can make a day of re-storeing! Swing out to burlington, back to chapel hill, up thru durham then home.

Who says I have too many building supplies stacked up in my yard.....

Jim

I vote yes.

HfH is a great cause. Shopping at their stores is a wonderful way to support them and find a deal or two for yourself.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Actually, it's more of a relocation than new. The Durham Habitat Reuse store on Shannon Drive and the Geer St store found a new home. It's been in the works for a while and this location is fantastic :icon_thum

I've been a weekly visitor for quite a while and look forward to see fellow NCWWers there :mrgreen:
Just stay away from the vintage stereos and vinyl records . . . they are mine :rolf:

BTW, I hope they will continue their tradition of 20% off everything on 10th, 20th and 30th of the month!

Roger

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
their new location is way to close to my office - like 2 miles :gar-La;

I didn't know about the 20% discount. I'll have to check it out!

Dan

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
I'm only a few exits up 40 from the new location...hadn't realized it was finally open!

Thanks for the tip...I'll be heading over soon!

sapwood

New User
Roger
FYI, the store is closed on Sundays and Mondays . . . at least the old store was.
And website states "proceeds of sales go to Habitat of Durham County and Orange County" :icon_thum:icon_thum

Roger

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ha, your post was 3 hours too late! I took a trip over only to find out they were closed monday :)

I did peer in the window, its a huge building, but not full of stuff yet. Still, looked like plenty!

3 other people drove up and did the peer in the window thing while I was there.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I saw some for sure. But it was hard to really see anything. I'm wondering if an RTP Lunch Bunch Picnic at the new Re-Store might be fun?

Jim

crokett

New User
David
Habitat also has a monthly warehouse sale at their warehouse in Durham. You can score some decent building materials there at good prices.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I saw some for sure. But it was hard to really see anything. I'm wondering if an RTP Lunch Bunch Picnic at the new Re-Store might be fun?

Jim

There are a bunch of places to eat near the re-store. Why not a lunch bunch at either, Bob Evans, Red Robin, Lone Star, McAlisters, Dickey'd BBQ Pit, etc., etc. on either the 10th 20th, or 30th to take advantage of the 20% discount. Probaably too late for the 10th,

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
There are a bunch of places to eat near the re-store. Why not a lunch bunch at either, Bob Evans, Red Robin, Lone Star, McAlisters, Dickey'd BBQ Pit, etc., etc. on either the 10th 20th, or 30th to take advantage of the 20% discount. Probaably too late for the 10th,

if all y'all choose the 20th, you can treat me to a birthday lunch :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS