Change to Military Discount at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Went to Lowes yesterday to pick up some electrical odds & ends. When I checked out and showed my military ID, the cashier handed me a piece of paper explaining that I could add 'military' to my 'My Lowes' account. Once you do that, the next time you buy something, they verify your military status. After that you get the discount automatically on anything you buy or order on line, as long as you have the 'My Lowes' account. They can look up your 'My Lowes' account by your phone number ( I never carry the 'My Lowes' card). At the Lowes in Pittsboro, some cashiers can add the military discount, some have to have a manager override which takes time. That will no longer be a problem for me or the people behind me in line.

LB75

George
Another nice change is that they're now offering the 10% discount to ALL veterans, every day instead of only the 3 days a year that they used to do for those that didn't serve a full 20. Was really easy to link it to the MyLowes card, just had to provide my birthdate and the date I separated from active duty to confirm my veteran status.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Can't remember just when I became aware of Lowes military/veteran discount program, but I've been given the 10% discount on everything in the store, and that's over several years. I bought quite a bit from HD until Lowes gave me a discount, but HD refused. Although on our VA identification cards it says if you are service connected disability, just doesn't say how much. I am 100% disabled, service connected, but at Lowes if you're military or veteran, they give you a discount on everything, even the closeout items.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
How do you add the military discount to the MyLowes acct.? I was told the last time I was in Lowes that I had to get a MyLowes card continue to get the discount. I can find nowhere on my MyLowes acct to add that info. Do I have to get a benefit code from the store?

Go

LB75

George
How do you add the military discount to the MyLowes acct.? I was told the last time I was in Lowes that I had to get a MyLowes card continue to get the discount. I can find nowhere on my MyLowes acct to add that info. Do I have to get a benefit code from the store?

Go

Mark,

When I signed into my MyLowes account, there was a tab that allowed me to enter the info. Try the link below, maybe it will work for you?

https://www.lowes.com/mylowes/login?context=military

nn4jw

New User
Jim
There's a link at the bottom of the Lowes homepage too, but the sign in seems broken this morning.

Edit: Looks like something to do with Firefox. Worked fine with Chrome when I tried it there.

Last edited:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Excellent. Easy peasy. All signed up.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

hoodoo

Roger
Senior User
I did know that they added the military status in MyLowes recently but are you saying that if I have it added to my account and I use my MyLowes card in store that it will automatically take the 10% off without showing my ID? It would be nice if that is the case. My wife and I share a MyLowes account so she could possibly get the discount without having me present.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I did know that they added the military status in MyLowes recently but are you saying that if I have it added to my account and I use my MyLowes card in store that it will automatically take the 10% off without showing my ID? It would be nice if that is the case. My wife and I share a MyLowes account so she could possibly get the discount without having me present.

According to the e-mail verification of the discount that I got back from Lowe's, that is how it's supposed to work (Scan MyLowes card or give the telephone number linked to the account). Haven't used mine yet to know for sure.

Go

LB75

George
That's how it's supposed to work, but I went to Lowes yesterday and used my card but no discount was applied. I was in a rush and at the self checkout lane so I didn't have time to ask about it. Might need to have them manually input the discount. I'll ask this weekend.

jrfuda

New User
John
This is good to know and I just added my military status to MyLowes thanks to this post. I purchase something at a Lowes in Fayetteville mid week and they let it go with the normal flash of my ID card, but they may have special instructions given the large number of military customers they have at the stores in and around the area. I've been sending more business to Lowes than HD lately, as HD only give you the discount on certain items - it's either building materials only or everything but building materials, I can't remember.

hoodoo

Roger
Senior User
I think with HD building materials are not included. Which, like you, is why I frequent Lowe's almost exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS