Centauro Classico Band Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Steve, when you unload your saw, please remove the table first. I helped a guy move his shop once and watched as his 36" bandsaw tipped over and smashed the table to pieces.

Roy G

Good advice. You could also take off the top wheeel

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Not sure it met OSHA reqs but it's in the shed. Before it got to it's resting place there was a lot of nail biting going on. First of all our gantry crane wasn't high enough to lift the saw. Plan B was to use a bobcat but there was not enough fork length or hight to reach. Plan C... use a chain hoist attached to a 14"X2.5" glue lam. Chain hoist lifted it but one corner of the saw was still sitting heavy so we added a cable ratchet and got it high enough to drive out from under it.
Unloading (1).jpg
Unloading (2).jpg
Unloading (3).jpg
Unloading (4).jpg
Once it was off the truck we used the forks on my Ford 1720 tractor to assist the lowering. Probably overkill but we were just being super cautious. Next was the issue of getting a 89"+ tall saw in a short 87" garage door. My neighbor volunteered a bobcat but I didn't have a "warm and fuzzy" that we could tilt it without tearing something up. So... why not remove part of the wall, remove a section of the 8" PVC dust collection pipe and pallet jack it in. Yep, about five minutes into that plan I was wishing I had used screws on that section of wall and thankful I had not glued the PVC.
On Pallet (1).jpg
On Pallet (2).jpg
Once I had it in, I replaced the treated paneling with screws! Just in case I ever need to get another behemoth in:gar-La;
Saw Parts (3).jpg
Once I had it sitting in the permanent location, I removed the wheels, checked and cleaned the bearings, inspected the belts, greased the upper guide grease fitting and removed and inspected the brake mechanism. The brake shoe is completely worn so I adjusted it to where it can't touch the wheel until I find a replacement or have something fabricated. Speaking of wheels... those things are HEAVY and the rubber tires are at least 1/4" thick.
Fence
Saw Parts (1).jpg
Bottom of 36" cast table
Saw Parts (4).jpg
Even the dust chute is cast!
Saw Parts (5).jpg

I'll get some more pictures of it setting in it's place ASAP.

Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS