cedar or cypress needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren46

New User
Warren
LOML has decided that she would like the easy to build glider featured in the latest Wood magazine. It calls for about 60 bd ft of cedar but cypress would also work well. I can live with some tight knots.

Does any anyone have a stash and if so can you PM me with pricing information. Near Charlotte would be nice but I can drive to pick it up since I we (LOML and I) enjoy exploring NC.

I can trade for some nice quartersawn red or white oak or ambrosia maple if someone wants.

Thanks,

Warren

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Scott Smith is doing a large lumber run including Cedar and Cypus at the Annual Picnic this weekend. Check out this thread, put in your order, then do some NC exploring this weekend as you join us in Cary for the festivites!!

I liked the look of that glider too and have filed it away for the future, have to do the picnic table first.....

Travis

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes the timing of that glider might just create a run on cypress and cedar. Warren, I know many folks from your area are heading East for the picnic. Maybe you can sweet talk someone to bring you back a load or two or three.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I've got cypress in 8/4, 6/4 and some 5/4. It was dried in my solar kiln and is probably around 12% moisture. I build swings, adirondacks, rockers and gliders from it. If you're interested, I get $2.50/bf for it.

PM me if you're interested. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors