CD cabinet finished! (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

In an effort to kid proof the family room I needed to make a new CD rack with doors to keep little fingers out. It is not fine furniture. I used plywood and pocket hole joinery. I sprayed a clear water based poly acrylic finish on it . Each of the first 10 shelves will hold about 100 CD's that's 1000, The bottom 2 shelves I left tall enough for DVD's as I am running out of room on the DVD rack.​
Well it is mounted in place. I have 3 screws running through the back into studs. It is solid. I am not happy with the doors. I knew they might not close flat. I will have to install some kind of catch to hold them tight against the frame.

The most important thing is the LOML is happy!!

cd%20rack%20in%20place%201.jpg
cd%20rack%20in%20place%202.jpg
cd%20rack%20with%20discs%20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow. That really is impressive! A simple, no-nonsense storage solution. I was just looking at the media storage project in the most recent PWW -- did you see that?

Yours holds more!!! :mrgreen:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that is really, really impressive Tom! I just wish that I could convince the LOML that we needed one in the living room! (Family room is full.) Do you think a project like this could warrant the purchase of a good dado set or those undersize plywood dado bits that you guys recommended? Any excuse. You know the act I'm sure!

Again. Great work!

Wayne

T

toolferone

Canuk said:
Do you think a project like this could warrant the purchase of a good dado set or those undersize plywood dado bits that you guys recommended? Any excuse. You know the act I'm sure!
Wayne

That works for me. Although I pocket screwed the hole thing together. It was just a quick knock together to take care of a situation. I have a total of about 12 hours in it.(including finishing)
The beauty of only seeing pictures. I didn't take any picture of the bad stuff:-D .

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Looks really good from here.

A kid-proof CD rack...hmmmm...wonder why you filled it from the top down? :)

Chuck

T

toolferone

cpowell said:
Looks really good from here.
A kid-proof CD rack...hmmmm...wonder why you filled it from the top down? :)
Chuck
Actually this will take care of the kid invasion.

cd%20rack%20lock.jpg

Besides does she look like a trouble maker:lol: ?
dew%20rag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Yep, I'm pretty sure I saw that one listed on the wall last time I was in the Post Office:lol: There is nothing that will test the strength of a joint like a two year old.

Besides does this look like a trouble maker:lol: ?
dew%20rag.jpg
[/quote]

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice job Tom. I am glad to see you got it finished up.:icon_thum You mentioned adding some sort of a catch at the bottom of the doors. Why not try a couple of rare earth magnates? Just a thought.

D L

BTW....I think the magnates are on aisle five in your store.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS