Casters w/ long threaded stem

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I need casters that have at least a 2" threaded stem area, and everything I find is 1.5". I've checked all the local stores and nothing over 1.5". Searched Amazon but no luck. Size of wheel isn't as important, this is for a rack that rolls around inside house. Anyone know where to get casters with longer threaded stems. Has to be threaded, can't use a caster with flat attachment area.

Caster Wheels.jpg

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If you cannot locate, then I would think about buying something like this and threading it with a die. Probably take 10 min a wheel to thread. ... just an idea

long rod caster

Woodmolds

Tony
User
I need casters that have at least a 2" threaded stem area, and everything I find is 1.5". I've checked all the local stores and nothing over 1.5". Searched Amazon but no luck. Size of wheel isn't as important, this is for a rack that rolls around inside house. Anyone know where to get casters with longer threaded stems. Has to be threaded, can't use a caster with flat attachment area.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

thanks, looks like what I need I can find there.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
I forgot to mention, I've purchased from this company several times. Always a good experience. And I was always happy with the products.

Note: Some items are not new, but it is noted in the description.

Jim Roche

jim
User
I've purchased wheels from Woodcraft before and needed longer stems too and I just simply replaced the original stem with the length that I needed, it was easy. You just remove the axle, wheel and pull out the stem and replace.

Just make sure that the stem on the new wheel can be removed as I've seen some that have for a lack of better term, a metal stub over the head of the screw which made it look like it would be tough to remove.

Good Luck.

Jim

Jeff

New User
Jeff
McMaster has a large selection of casters. They told me yesterday that they have casters with +2" stems and longer.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS