Can't Log In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crrunion

New User
Randall
I'm brand new to the site; joined yesterday, so I've got what are probably newbie questions that I need help with. There are actually two major problems and I'm going to post them in separate threads so that we can work on one at the time. This thread has to do with a problem of logging in. When I type in my username and password, being careful to use CAPS when it's appropriate to do so, I always get a message that I have entered a username or password that is incorrect and that I only have 4 or 3 or 2 more chances before I am locked out for 15 minutes, or whatever. But I did post a question yesterday when I first registered with the site and I can click on an email telling me that I have a response to that question, and that's how I got on to post this question. When I click that I have forgotten my password and put in my email address, it tells me that I have an invalid email address. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem so I can simply log in to the forum? I may need a simple step-by-step to navigate the site and resolve this problem.

Thanks

Randall

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Welcome!

Likely you are getting bit by the "Remember me" check box.

Next time you log in, be sure that box is checked. It'll keep you logged in between visits to the site.

I'll look at your account and try to see whats up with the email.

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:7.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0

Crrunion

New User
Randall
I think I have found a solution to my problem. I think I had a corrupted link. When the old link comes up, the page looks much different from the new link. I created the link by clicking on a link in an email telling me that I had a reply to a post that I did when I first registered for the website. When I click on that link, I am already logged in and even if I log out and then log back in, it works. So, hopefully that has solved the problem. Now that I've got all these problems worked out, maybe I'm ready now to talk woodworking.

Such as, a friend of mine has some black walnut logs, and also some black walnut lumber & I'm going some time this week, maybe today to see what he wants to share. This is by his invitation. Now, anyone who is willing to share his stash of black walnut with you is a REAL friend!

Take care

Randall
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Now, anyone who is willing to share his stash of black walnut with you is a REAL friend!
Randall, BUDDY! We've never met, but I feel like we've been friends for...eh, days?
:gar-La;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.23) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23 ( )

Crrunion

New User
Randall
Hi Bas, we'd better wait and see how much HE has to share. I do want to build a clock case from some walnut so I don't know how much I'll have left over. But I'll sure keep you in mind, BUDDY! :rotflm:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS