Can we borrow your table saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have been using my Jet for about 15 years now if that helps any Mike!
I think it's in great shape and have no intention to replace it.
Just to make mention, The saw runs on 220v which I have a 25 foot extension for as well in case that is a deal breaker for the shop and electrical supply.

Does it have a motor that can be easily switched to 110V for the workshop?

I downloaded the manual and this saw comes setup for 110V and had to have been switched to 220. It is a simple job of moving two wires.

We can use this saw and it is similar to the craftsman and delta contractor saws which many folks have.

The motor is belt driven but is enclosed in the cabinet which is unusual but shouldn't be a problem.

This seems to be the best all around choice. Will demonstrate changing voltage setup as well as the usual blade and fence adjustments.

Last edited:

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
You are welcome to use my saw if you like. That's why I offered it up to you guys. The motor is mounted on outside of cabinet and belt is very easy to get to as well. I am the one who rewired it for the 220 and yes, it did come standard for 110 when I bought it new. I use an extension cord that I made up to fit the 220v receptacle.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
That's fine. Just sent you a pm before I red this last message.
I will make sure to get it cleaned of saw dust before you see it.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Frank, would it be easier if I came to pick it up? The workshop is here at my shop in Liberty. I can be here any time you want to bring it, or I can come get it. Just let me know.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Too late to the party, again, but I have a Jet Workshop table saw that I mounted on a mobile base suitable for my height.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
Frank, would it be easier if I came to pick it up? The workshop is here at my shop in Liberty. I can be here any time you want to bring it, or I can come get it. Just let me know.
Whatever is easy for you Bill. Do you have a way to get it on your truck? I was going to try to get it on my trailer and tie it down. I think I can manage it if I try. If I was to bring it, would I bring it the same day of your workshop?

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
Would it be possible to leave my 5X10 trailer there while the saw is there so I don't have to drag it back and forth?

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
Thanks. That makes it much easier for me. Just let me know when you want it and it will be there for you to do whatever you need to do. When you are done, let me know and i will pick it up by next day if not same day.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I took care of the power problem of 220 volts. I changed the saw back to 110v and changed the plug as well. If I need to bring an extension cord as well, just let me know.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I took care of the power problem of 220 volts. I changed the saw back to 110v and changed the plug as well. If I need to bring an extension cord as well, just let me know.

No need to bring an extension cord. I have plenty, plus an abundance of outlets all over the shop. And thank you for making the switch.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
No problem Bill. Whatever I can do for the group!
I just figured that is one less headache for anyone to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS