Cam Clamp workshop indeed happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Put together twelve attendees and a lot of good help from Dirk and Charlie and you can produce 96 cam clamps. I was very pleased how well everybody helped each other and we were done by mid afternoon.

Here is the proof:
DSC05270.jpg

DSC052721.jpg

DSC05274.jpg

DSC052751.jpg

DSC05279.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

DSC052831.jpg

DSC052841.jpg

DSC05291.jpg

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05295.jpg

DSC05294.jpg

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, I had a great time working in your shop today, everyone came together a did a awesome job. Thanks for putting this workshop on and for feeding us as well.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing the photos, only wish I could have attended, looks like all had a blast.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Likewise, Phil, I had a great time. It was nice to meet some new faces and connect them to the User names and also see some familiar faces.

gtrboy77

Dean
User
It was a good time. Thanks to Phil for providing the shop and ribs and everyone else who brought food and helped out. Hope to see you all again!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
A great day as usual. Thanks Phil for hosting and for the great Lunch. Was glad to see some new faces come out

JGregJ

Greg
User
Thanks for the pictures and thank you Phil for organizing this workshop and providing the ribs for lunch. Also appreciated the sweet corn, beans, and drinks brought by others. I had a great time. It was good project and it was fun working with everyone on our 'limited production run' of clamps.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil,
Can you share a picture of how you adapted the powermatic tenoning jig to fit on the slider?

I checked several tenon jigs and determined the Powermatic was the easiest to adapt. It only required the addition of a spacer between the main body of the jig and the miter slide and a couple of longer screws. I used some tooling plastic - any hardwood would also work. The photos show the size. The jig slides on and locks with the front screw. Each time you mount the jig you will need to set it parallel to the blade but that is very easy. Just adjust the vertical table to touch both the front and back of the blade and tighten the mount screw.

Here are the photos:

IMG_24471.JPG

IMG_24461.JPG

IMG_24451.JPG

IMG_24481.JPG

IMG_24511.JPG

IMG_24521.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS