California Air Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck1999

Chris
User
I noticed online that Home Depot has a few styles of CAT air compressors 20% off.

I remember a few months ago a few threads about these air compressors and thought I would share.

Chris

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I bought mine a few months ago and posted and I can tell you I still LOVE the compressor. It sounds like a little toy when running. You would think it is not producing air, but it really pumps it out. Best deal I got in 2016 so far! Very quiet too!

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Timely post. I have the little Bostich 6-gallon compressor. It's noisy, and it starts running almost as soon as I start blowing air with it. Over the last week, it has started leaking down over night. (Just last night, I disconnected the air hose to try to determine where it's leaking, but I haven't been outside to check it yet.) The CAT version recommended here, I believe, has a 10-gallon tank. If that's correct, is it large enough? The tank on the CAT is certainly much larger than the tank on the Bostich, so maybe I don't understand volumetric ratings.

A CAT is on the list along with dust collection, DW735, and a SawStop. Now I have to decide which order I need to follow to get these additions.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I use the CAT for my two nailers and it does fine. It will run and stop while using it. The quietness of the unit does not bother me that it runs while heavy use of my finish nailer. It's nothing like my Craftsman 1 hp compressor. You can hear it a mile down the road almost. It is 40+ years old and still running, but I was afraid it will go any day so I bought the CAT for almost the same price I paid 40 years ago for that Craftsman. I should have bought this one a long time ago. It was recommended to me on here as well and I am so thankful for the advise on the forum.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
The CAT version recommended here, I believe, has a 10-gallon tank. If that's correct, is it large enough?
It depends upon what you plan to use it for. If you're going to do basic shop stuff such run a nail gun, blow off equipment and projects with air, air up the occasional vehicle or lawnmower tire, then 10 gallons of storage is fine.

On the other hand, if you're trying to run a 1/2" impact or air die grinder for an extended amount of time, or a glass bead blast cabinet, then you will need more cfm as well as storage.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
A few months ago I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and took it out on my Sears air compressor. It still worked, but it was so loud that I had to leave the room while it re-charged. That day I started to research new air compressors right here on NCWW. Scott Smith (scsmith42) highly recommended the California Air Tools compressor, and that was good enough for me. Now, a few months later, my new compressor has become one of the best "tools" I've ever bought. You can have a conversation with someone (or with yourself, as I often do) while standing right next to it as it recharges itself. Sweet! If it has enough output for your needs, I'm sure you will be equally happy with it.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
A few months ago I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and took it out on my Sears air compressor. It still worked, but it was so loud that I had to leave the room while it re-charged. That day I started to research new air compressors right here on NCWW. Scott Smith (scsmith42) highly recommended the California Air Tools compressor, and that was good enough for me. Now, a few months later, my new compressor has become one of the best "tools" I've ever bought. You can have a conversation with someone (or with yourself, as I often do) while standing right next to it as it recharges itself. Sweet! If it has enough output for your needs, I'm sure you will be equally happy with it.

Did you get the 10-gallon model?

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
The CAT I bought is the ten gallon size. Perfect for a shop to run nailers, staplers, blowing off work or cleaning equipment and inflating things. I have not used it for anything heavier yet.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just an FYI.... I have been looking at the The California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet (have not pulled the trigger yet) and the Home Depot special buy price is the same as the Amazon Prime price. Get it through Amazon Smiles and NCWW wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS