Cabinet pulls drilling guide

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Since I'm mounting hardware at the moment, I thought I'd share my experience with this jig. This is on Amazon for $17.99 and is the cheapest I found. I figured that with 4 drawer heights, 6 door sizes and 3 pull sizes this would be cheaper than making a bunch of shop made jigs for drilling mounting holes. And it is...rThe ruler' just like Kreg markings are unreadable until the used applies some Wite-Out to the markings. Turns out that was a waste of time since the scale is OFF! But it's easy enough to transfer the setting with an accurate ruler. In use, I simply used the jig to make starter holes, removed the jig and finished drilling the holes. Here's what it looks like in use.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Interesting. When I put the pulls on my kitchen cabinets last year I had only two pull sizes to install. I made a simple wooden jig and managed to avoid mistakes. But I can see how this would be useful with more sizes to install.

shawn

New User
shawn
Fastcap made a pretty good jig. I used it when I was an independent millwork installer. I found that jigs are at there best when you have a pile of drawer heads that are the same size. Even if you have 3 different drawer sizes, there must be enough to make it worth changing the jig. Otherwise, it's easier to layout the hardware by hand. Jigs are great for doors since placement doesn't change.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Well, I was impressed with an $18 jig that can be set and reset in 60 seconds and can be used for knobs as well as practically any pull on the market. But that's just me; I get excited when cheap is good!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS