Butterfly record

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
This record is cut with different butterflies that I then warmed with my hair blower and manipulated with metal picks to rais the wings so they are ready to take flight.
We went to Greenville, SC to visit family and I saw a similar huge metal sculpture. Had to try it.

Attachments

• 8ADA97D5-92B8-47C1-B676-59E50A1FD4F8.jpeg
    8ADA97D5-92B8-47C1-B676-59E50A1FD4F8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • 242A3F63-98F0-47A6-94E7-46EBA0E29D01.jpeg
    242A3F63-98F0-47A6-94E7-46EBA0E29D01.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
  • 1B375463-FFF3-4D63-B80D-AF2251C9F3C0.jpeg
    1B375463-FFF3-4D63-B80D-AF2251C9F3C0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 106
  • 1EA1FBA7-4E5F-495B-BEA1-FDC6F67F2E24.jpeg
    1EA1FBA7-4E5F-495B-BEA1-FDC6F67F2E24.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99

ssmith

New User
Scott
That’s a very creative way to turn something that’s likely trash into something useful. Nice!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jerry Butler? The Flamingoes? The Dells? If it wasn't scratched up, that woulda been a good record to have IMO.....

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Vinyl has been hot for a number of years - maybe take a sample to the local record stores.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
@Berta - Those I have heard my son talk about (he's an avid collector) are All Day Records, Carrboro, Chaz's Record Shop, Durham and Schoolkids Records, Chapel Hill. I'm sure there are some in Raleigh also. @mike - depending on musician and condition (just important for the jacket as it is the vinyl) each could be worth anywhere from cents to hundreds of dollars.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
@Berta - Those I have heard my son talk about (he's an avid collector) are All Day Records, Carrboro, Chaz's Record Shop, Durham and Schoolkids Records, Chapel Hill. I'm sure there are some in Raleigh also. @mike - depending on musician and condition (just important for the jacket as it is the vinyl) each could be worth anywhere from cents to hundreds of dollars.
Yeah, I know. We tried to get to GA to get them but she just wants to clean house.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Actually, sometimes it's the obscure that fetch a big price - how about Rita and the Tiaras "Gone with the Wind" for $8,000?
I'd search before you saw!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
@Berta ,I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was that you were going to tell us about the record number of winged butterflies in your flower garden. We've had a banner year for them in our butterfly bushes - hundreds!

Your records are beautiful.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
@Berta ,I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was that you were going to tell us about the record number of winged butterflies in your flower garden. We've had a banner year for them in our butterfly bushes - hundreds!

Your records are beautiful.
My butterfly bush is still recovering from the last hurricane. We have butterflies, not as many blooms as we should though.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS