Burled Poplar Tree for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Found this in an email from WOOD. Anyone interested? Terry

Burled poplar tree for sale
Located in southwest North Carolina near Murphy stands a heavily burled, 100- to 150-year-old poplar tree with a base circumference of almost 10'. From what can be counted from ground level, this majestic but gnarly specimen appears to have around 50 burls jutting from its trunk. Although the tree is still living, a creek and spring are washing away the soil around the roots. The tree’s owner, Jamey Frisen, would like it salvaged.

"My hope is that the tree will be turned into beautiful objects that people will treasure for years to come," Jamey says. To learn how to purchase this rare gem, contact Jamey.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Here is a picture of the tree in question

n_burledtree.jpg

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think that I found a better pic of it -

PoplarPanoSM.jpg

If someone was willing to harvest it I would happly make something out of it. I wonder what he wants for it. From his postings on the WOOD forums, he seems to just not want it to go to waste :eusa_thin
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Somebody buy it, I want to QS it and leave the natural edge on - I'm thinking I would have to bust into the butt with a chainsaw - 10' cir would make it would make it around 36~38" dia. I can only saw through the pith of a 28" log. The way it tapers I think I could handle the rest of it on the mill. That's a pretty knarly tree, not sure if those are true burls or knots. I'm thinking they might be skinned over knots because I really don't see many other large trees around it, could have been a very limby poplar and it looks pretty dead but there is only one way to find out for sure. Who's bringing it out to the log yard, so I can QS it??? we could agree upon an hourly rate, I'm pretty cheap you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS