Burl veneer

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwind

New User
Jenna
Hi All,
I am looking for smaller pieces / scraps of burl (or other interesting) veneer ranging in thicker depths. As small as 1 inch sq, but larger is welcome. I am new to learning about veneer, but the Mappa burl for one, is of interest.
I'm near Charlotte.
T I A,
Jenna

woodwind

New User
Jenna
Thanks for the replies.
I have now experimented with mappa burl, and need something stronger, and without holes.
Solid wood, perhaps 1/8 to 3/16 ths would work.
I do want to stay with a really nice burl or other grain for the design, in a light to med tone. So a burl maple would be great, and am open to other ideas.
I have a skill saw, but no planer, so ideally would like to find the shallow depth in solid wood, with a sanded finish.
Any ideas? I have a 3/4" deep, 2" or so wide, long length of framing cherry, but it's not my choice at this point.
TIA,
Jenna

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
If you can use small pieces of maple Burl, I can cut and thickness sand some thin pieces for you. I've also got a block of cherry Burl about 3" x 4". The maple Burl would be of similar size. Would these work for you?

Matt...

woodwind

New User
Jenna
Thanks for the quick generous replies! What a great forum.
I may have to quit my day job (which I do like) to get on designing ;)

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Let me know if you need something planed or (maybe better with Burl...) sanded with a drum sander. I can also resaw it if you need.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I have about 30k sq. ft. of veneers, maple burl, mappa burl, laurel burl, birdseye, curly maple, quilted maple. if you need a few pieces on your next project, let me know. I might be able to help

chris

woodwind

New User
Jenna
Thanks all, for the great help. The veneers turned out to be too thin for my project.
I'm still working details out using a thin solid burl instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors