Burial urns for vets facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
We have a Facebook page for the NCWW BURIAL URNS FOR VETERANS PROJECT. Please take a moment to take a look at it, if you're on FB, and give it a LIKE.

I could really use just a little help with it. First, I need a good picture of some urns stacked together, with a nice background, or a picture of one of us holding or presenting an urn to someone; it could be a fmily recipient, cemetery director, veteran organization, etc. I have a nice picture of CaptA, myself, and J.D. Whisnant, director of Western Carolina Veterans Cemetery that I used on a flyer, but now having only a notebook, I am unable to transfer that image from my mail to another file. Any help at all with that task would be great!

I put an email button on the FB page for people to contact us. Only problem is, I don't know where that email is being monitored. One of us, perhaps Raymond(?), set up the email address.

I have not yet set up administrators for this page, but it should be shared by Raymond, Jackleg, Skymaster, and myself, I think. So if there are any of you that are more FB savvy than myself, that would be almost all of you, I want to thank you right now for your help!

The project has been gaining good momentum as of late, but quietly. We're about to begin making a lot more noise. :icon_cheers:eusa_clap:eusa_danc

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Don't forget to "LIKE" the page when you visit.

Need to get some high quality photos. May need stage some photos to get some high quality ones quickly.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce, email me the flyer as an attachment and I'll try to extract the picture from it and email it back to you. Send it to president <at> our domain name.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Bruce, not sure about that. my thoughts, DO NOT GET MAD :}, before we do something like that we should make SURE we/me own the design! If released to internet and not owned somebody is bound to capture it,patent it, then WE have to pay for our own design to continue building them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The thought never occurred to me Jack. That is a very excellent point. Then we won't publish the dimensions as I wholeheartedly agree with you. Thank you for pointing that out. :eusa_thin

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce, email me the flyer as an attachment and I'll try to extract the picture from it and email it back to you. Send it to president <at> our domain name.

Hopefully you have received the email with the flyer attached Ken. I have tried numerous ways to extract the picture, but I just can't seem to figure it out on this notebook. The picture shows L-R, Andy Henderson: J.D. Whisnant, Western NC Veterans Cemetery Administrator; Bruce Swanson. This was taken the day we first delivered urns to WNC Vets Cemetery.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
If it matters, the plans I drew (if you're still using them) indicate ncwoodworker.net owns the copyright. I added that on both pages when I made them.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have the plans downloaded to our website already in the form of a PDF file. Yes, the measurements are included in the pdf file but the measurements are for the older version 12 x 11 x 9.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Dave I will get back to you on the re design I did. you said on prints that we own copyright, however do we REALLY, or just a "statement" on paper?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
We have the plans downloaded to our website already in the form of a PDF file. Yes, the measurements are included in the pdf file but the measurements are for the older version 12 x 11 x 9.

I wasn't made aware there was a design change. Otherwise I'd have updated the plan.

Dave I will get back to you on the re design I did. you said on prints that we own copyright, however do we REALLY, or just a "statement" on paper?

I think claiming copyright is enough.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Anybody on this forum who is a lawyer or knows one, can you answer this question
.Somehow I have doubts claiming is enuf. thanks
Dave no offense intended,CYA

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would not worry so much about copyright or patent problems since the designs here are published in the public domain. But having said that I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, so my opinion is just that, my opinion.

Bruce, I received the email and will try to do something with it tomorrow if I can. Been very busy today with other things.

Carry on folks - this is a good cause - don't get so concerned about the details - just keep doing good things and it will bring its own rewards.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/how-to-copyright-technical-drawings

When Does Copyright Protection Begin?
A technical drawing or blueprint is copyrighted as soon as it has been created and fixed in a tangible object. It does not need to be registered with the copyright office, nor does it need to include a copyright notice to receive copyright protection.

But it is always better to register in case dispute arises. And some things should be patented and not copyrighted:

Thus a design concept or useful article may be eligible for a patent where it would not be eligible for copyright protection.

And as Ken said, I also am not a lawyer or play one on TV.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
hey Doug??!! got a minute??
Doug Robinson is a past president of ncww and would be a great place to start for such, He is listed as staff adviser and he did lead us through incorporation,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS