Burial Urn for My Father

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
I just completed an urn for my father using the NC Woodworking plan. He was a career USMC helicopter pilot who began his career in Korea in the enlisted ranks as an infantryman and was promoted into the officer ranks. Went to flight school and was an early helicopter pilot. Earned Purple Hearts in Vietnam and Korea. Two Air Medals in Vietnam. Marine One pilot for Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy. Retired after 27 years of service as a Lt. Colonel. I'm extremely proud of my Dad and miss him greatly. He loved our country and his family.

I made the urn of walnut and maple. The USMC medallion was purchased and inset into one side. Creating this was a labor of love. My woodworking skills need significant development but I did the best I could. I glued the brass nameplate directly on the top because I wasn't confident in my ability to chisel an indentation. The finish wasn't quite as good as I hoped. It was important for me to do this and I'm happy I made the effort.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Sorry for your loss Chuck and many thanks to your Dadfor his service. Urn looks very nice

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan sorry for your loss. You made a beauty tribute to your father. I know he is smiling down on you.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very well done. I like the contrasting colors you selected. Your dad is very proud.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I can think of no greater way to honor your father. I know he would be just as proud of your achievement as he was his own.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I commend you for being able to do this. My father passed over a year ago and I still haven't been able to do this.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I commend you for being able to do this. My father passed over a year ago and I still haven't been able to do this.
Likewise, it took me nearly 3 years to complete one for my dad.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Your Dad's urn looks perfect Chuck, and does him a great honor as it was done with your hands. It is and will remain a lasting and appropriate final tribute to a man who gave so much of his life for our great nation! Semper Fi.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS