Bunk Beds Complete!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Woo Hoo!!!!! They're finally done!

As many of you know I started working on Bunk Beds for the kids just after New Year's. For those of you who didn't know, most of the WIP updates are in this thread. Life/work got in the way for a while and seriously cut into my shop time but I'm happy to say they are finally done, delivered, and the customers are thrilled.

First, one last WIP picture. This is taken mid-finishing. As discussed in the other thread I opted to go with poly. This was Minwax oil based semi-gloss, thinned to 50%, then wiped on with a rag. As it was BORG SPF and kids furniture (will be heavily used/abused) I didn't want to go too crazy with a "pretty" finish. My goal was to seal it up so fingerprints/crayon/etc had a chance to be removed w/o too much effort...
finishing.jpg

View image in gallery

And w/o further ado, here's final product:

And a short video clip.

Thanks for looking and thanks for all the support throughout the project.

Travis

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Nice job! Kids are some of the most appreciative customers you will ever have. :)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Travis, that looks great. And of course, even though you made it out of SPF and didn't want to go "crazy" with a pretty finish, it'll probably last for 3 generations!

manfre

New User
Manfre
Good work. If you remember in a few months, I'd be curious to know how well the finish holds up against your kids.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Very nice Travis. :thumbs_up

You did tell the kids that there are 2 mattresses, right? :rotflm:
Seems like they both want the top bunk.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done Travis :icon_thum The users look pleased which is of course the most important critique. :wsmile:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

Very nice Travis, that looks great. And of course, even though you made it out of SPF and didn't want to go "crazy" with a pretty finish, it'll probably last for 3 generations!

Exactly the plan, Bas. Hopefully their children will enjoy them as much a they do!

Good work. If you remember in a few months, I'd be curious to know how well the finish holds up against your kids.

I'll try though I'm not sure I'll get the opportunity. The beds are at my ex-wife's..... and, well, the rest is self-explanatory...

You did tell the kids that there are 2 mattresses, right? :rotflm:
Seems like they both want the top bunk.

Yeah, Aaron's already fighting for the top bunk but that's not going to happen any time soon. At 6 Kaitlyn is barely old enough for the top, Aaron's only 3...

Trav

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well done, Travis!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Kiddies sure look pleased with their new cool bed.

No better reward for our work when they approve and actually appreciate our efforts.

It will be treasured for some time and no doubt see plenty of use.

Thanks for sharing the end result and the video clip testimony!:wsmile:

Wayne

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Thanks again for all the comments! I totally agree, the kids are my most important and best customers!! Don't know what I'd do without them.

Travis

jhreed

New User
james
The beds look safe & solid. The children look like life's greatest blessing. Thanks for sharing.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS