Building Guitar Effects Pedal Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
So I've been playing more electric guitar lately and have decided that I want a little more than just my clean and distorted channels on my amp. So in order to have somewhere to put my effects pedals I decided I wanted to build my own pedal board after seeing how expensive just a board is. The size of the one I built is about $100 from most music stores. I built this one for free. I was given the wood a while back and just haven't had a project to use it. This seemed to be as good as any. The board is 17x12 currently. I'm working out how high I want the front to be to put a little bit of an angle on it. I'm figuring no more than about 3" high. So Here is a picture of it as it is. I hope to have it finished up tonight or tomorrow after church. We'll see.. :)
scaled.php

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Well I've got it finished. Just need to add a couple more screws to it and throw some finish on it.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Looks totally gig-able, Kevin. Did you come up with the slope of the pedalboard by using dimensions from commercially available PB's, take a wild guess, or adjust until it was right for you?

Are you going to use velcro to hold pedals in place, or put some trim at the rear of each row?

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Looks totally gig-able, Kevin. Did you come up with the slope of the pedalboard by using dimensions from commercially available PB's, take a wild guess, or adjust until it was right for you?

Are you going to use velcro to hold pedals in place, or put some trim at the rear of each row?

Tom,

it was really a mixture of all of it. I based this one off of a pedal train Jr. I really would like to have a pedal train at some point but they aren't cheap. The PDJr is 2.5 if I remember correctly and I went about 3ish on this one.

As much as I hate to do it to this nice wood I'm probably going to paint the front and sides black and then leave the top natural and yes I'll be attaching velcro to it and the pedals to mount them.

M

McRabbet

It looks nice, but I don't have the foggiest idea what a "Guitar Effects Pedal Board" is ... How about 'splaining it for ignoramuses like me!

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
It looks nice, but I don't have the foggiest idea what a "Guitar Effects Pedal Board" is ... How about 'splaining it for ignoramuses like me!

It's a board that I can put all of my Guitar Effects pedals on to keep them organized and easily accessible on stage without having to set them all up every time.

It will look something like this when I'm done

557667.jpg

JCraig

New User
Jerry
It's a board that I can put all of my Guitar Effects pedals on to keep them organized and easily accessible on stage without having to set them all up every time.

It will look something like this when I'm done

557667.jpg

Now I understand. I'm in the unknowing club also. So now I can say "Looks Good":wsmile:

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Well I finally got around to finishing the pedal board. Now I need to wait for the clear to dry and then start building my pedals. I'm going to build my own, well as many as I can.

Here are some finished pics. I don't think I mentioned in the earlier builds but this is Spalted Maple. I ended up painting part of it for a couple of reasons. I ended up not liking how the spalting looked and with it being black around the sides it will blend in with the stage a lot better.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
The pictures don't quite show up how good the paint looks as it is in person. When I saw it Saturday it really looks good. Oh, by the way, the Spalted Maple, that I gave you actually came from Phillip Christy (PChristy) in Lexington. He gave it to me almost a year ago. Thanks Phillip. I'm in the process of using some of it to build a pie safe now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS