Building Blocks Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Lots of Grand Kids :) :) - looking for building blocks WW'ing plans.

Remember these when you were a kid?

advanced_blocks.jpeg

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
When I was a kid there was an older fellow in my church who would make all the kids wood blocks. He used mainly twoby stock and rounded over all the edges. He threw in a bunch of triangles, and cylinders, and you had everything you needed to build what you imagined. If you stopped by to visit him at his house, he would add the bonus pack to your set. He probably made 50 sets of these blocks before his passing. They were cheap (he was retired, found his stock at construction sites), but they took a great amount of time and heart to make smooth and safe for all the kids.
They were one of my favorite toys when I was growing up, and one of the very few I still have saved to this day.

I don't think you need a plan to make them, only a good and kind heart...and some scrap wood :icon_thum

Dave:)

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I made some of those, no plans needed. Take a 2x4 and clean it up if needed, cut a square that's as long as the board is wide, then everything else is either twice as long, half as wide or cut on a slant for wedges so that all the parts will fit together in some similar fashion. Kids usually won't care too much if they're not 'perfect', they'll be perfect enough for them to play with.:icon_thum

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Jeff, Need any ? I have a box of blocks that my dad made for my brother before WW2 .They are made from 1X1 and form 1 to 4 inches long. The box is about 10 X10x10. free to a good home. Don't have any young boys that could use them.
dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS