Building a cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Alan, looks like you used a 3.00 cone, right? Did you ever consider the 1.64?

In case anyone is interested in making their own and need templates, I drew the 1.64 model in AutoCAD and will be glad to email it or a PDF suitable for plotting. (And could modify to the 3.00 if it helps.) I can also make a full-size plot or two for local pickup or someone willing to cover postage.

J

jeff...

How many cuts did you get on your hands working with that sheet metal?

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Alan, looks like you used a 3.00 cone, right? Did you ever consider the 1.64?

In case anyone is interested in making their own and need templates, I drew the 1.64 model in AutoCAD and will be glad to email it or a PDF suitable for plotting. (And could modify to the 3.00 if it helps.) I can also make a full-size plot or two for local pickup or someone willing to cover postage.

After talking with Bill Pentz a few years ago, he said that a 3.0 should actually do a better job at separating fines. After moving to NC and realizing my new house had a high garage ceiling, I decided to give a 3X (cylinder is fairly standard 18" diam.) a shot. I can't say if it works better than a 1.64 because last cyclone I built 8(?) years ago was a highly modified one based on the Wood Mag plans. Among other mods it had a spiral inlet ramp.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
How many cuts did you get on your hands working with that sheet metal?

Just shy of too many! :rotflm: It really wasn't that bad. I was careful. It sure was cheaper- less than $50 in sheet metal at that time! The blower was from and old Grizz dual bag unit with a 3 hp motor and 14" impeller which I also got real cheap (<$200)

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
I've seen Alan's [STRIKE]Jet Engine[/STRIKE]....Errr uhhhh Dust collection system & it is something to see! and hear!:eusa_booh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors