Bridgewood 24 inch Planer

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Looking at an auction sale next week up in PA. There is a Bridgewood 24 inch Planer model 609 for sale. I don't know anything about this brand. Anyone familiar with the Bridgewood products?

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have a Bridgewood bandsaw (rebadged laguna LT , Italian saw) and a Wide belt sander. The bandsaw is what it is and the sander is rebadged as well although I cant think of the brand at this writing. DEpending on its age, i wouldnt be afraid to buy it. Lots of parts are available if you know what to look for from other brands since most of these machines are just rebadged brands. Is it single or 3PH power? unless you have 3PH, you may not be able to use it, a 24" planer may require a larger motor than a single PH power source can drive if you were planning on switching it.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I don’t what phase it is, can’t tell from the pictures. Wanted to see what people on here think about the brand.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Its a Taiwan import almost certainly three phase.
Grizzly offered that machine also.
Here's some photos of one that I worked on that had tossed a knife and lock bar. These will give you an idea of what to expect on the inside. Two motors. If you take care of it, it should serve well.

1     TPOS 24 - 1.jpg1     TPOS 24 - 2.jpg1     TPOS 24 - 3.jpg1     TPOS 24 - 4.jpg1     TPOS 24 - 5.jpg1     TPOS 24 - 6.jpg1     TPOS 24 - 7.jpg1     TPOS 24 - 8.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS