Brass plate around the Hickory area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred85

New User
Josh
I am looking for a source for 1/8" brass plate in western NC; google has not helped me :evil:

I'm assuming 1/8" is what i need, it would be for small parts on various jigs and whatnot.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Depends on what exactly you are trying to make. I've made a number of jigs out of 1/16" (0.0625") brass stock over the years. It is pretty tough stuff, especially once it has become work hardened from bending and hammering.

I can't help you with sources though, all my former sources were in Bradenton, FL (and I'm not sure they carried 1/8") -- WoodWrangler's neck of the woods these days IIRC.

Best of luck. If you, or others, find, or know of, a good mail order source I'd love to hear about it as well.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have used solid brass door kick plates from the home center. They cut and work well. You have to check the thickness, lately things have been getting thinner.

If that doesn't work out try www.smallparts.com

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Most hobby shops carry metal sheets and tubes of brass, copper, and aluminum from K & S Metals. Look for a store that caters to R/C Aircraft modelers, or railroad modelers. There is such a store in Hickory between Walmart and Lowes on US 70. I'm sorry I don't know the name of the establishment.:icon_scra

Ken Kimbrell

New User
Ken
Fred when you say "Western NC' how far west are you able to travel to get the brass? (I see that you are in Raleigh and Tobaccoville is a long drive from there)

There is a salvage yard near my house where they have lots of metals and lots of shapes/sizes... I picked up a 3/16" x 2" x 8' stick of brass a few weeks ago for $1.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors