Brand New Toy (Tool)

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
So I finally took the plunge. You don’t even want to know how long it took me to get to this point. This is by far my most expensive tool purchase to date. Now just have to get it all setup.

On a separate note, anyone interested in buying a good used Craftsman contractors saw

Attachments

• 20407696-CAAA-4F4B-B117-C18227663F27.jpeg
    20407696-CAAA-4F4B-B117-C18227663F27.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 198

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I purchased mine last year and am extremely satisfied.
Price increases effective 5/2, order yours today...

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
An AWESOME saw, you will be very pleased with its performance! Mine is about 13 years old. but doesn't look a day over 2!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
The fact that it is in a heated/cooled shop is an advantage for both the woodworker and tools. That said, about two or three times a year I lightly sand with 320 or 400 grit sandpaper with my ROS and then apply a liberal coat of Johnson’s paste wax. I actually apply the wax several times throughout the year (without prior sanding) typically after I complete a project. Also, after a project, as I am vacuuming the shop, I will vacuum what I can reach of the motor/arbor by simply removing the blade insert. I am not sure how much the vacuuming helps, but it makes me feel good.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
The fact that it is in a heated/cooled shop is an advantage for both the woodworker and tools. That said, about two or three times a year I lightly sand with 320 or 400 grit sandpaper with my ROS and then apply a liberal coat of Johnson’s paste wax. I actually apply the wax several times throughout the year (without prior sanding) typically after I complete a project. Also, after a project, as I am vacuuming the shop, I will vacuum what I can reach of the motor/arbor by simply removing the blade insert. I am not sure how much the vacuuming helps, but it makes me feel good.
Where are you getting the paste wax at

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors