Bragging on Alex!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Many of you will recall a recent post by George L, about his 11 year old son Alex who became interested in pen making around a year ago.

George posted a link to a video that Alex created for school, and the video features Alex making a pen - taking it from start to finish, including milling.

My wife and I both enjoyed watching Alex's video and admiring his handiwork, so I decided to surprise her with a custom pen made by Alex. Alex's enterprise is called "Pens for College", and all of the proceeds go into his education fund. I looked around my inventory and found a really nice board with feathered oak (from the crotch portion of the tree, which I provided to Alex. This particular wood was milled and kiln dried by me, and it came from a tree harvested from our farm.

At the same time, I decided to have Alex make a pen for me, as well as one for each of my two brothers.

Tonight I picked up the pens, and the result of Alex's craftsmanship is absolutely superb. I'll let y'all admire it for yourselves; here is a photo of the pen that I intend to give my wife for Christmas:

pen.gif

The photo really does not do it justice!

Alex and George - thank you very much for the outstanding work!

Scott

JohnW

New User
John
Agreed Scott,

Great wood, great pen, great gift. I remember watching that video and Alex is not only a very good pen turner, he's a good communicator.

Rob

New User
Rob
That young man does some awesome work and has really inspired me in my pen turning. Way to go Alex.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Young Alex is a pen making master. Beautiful pen. I am sure your family will be very happy with those as gifts.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Fantastic job Alex:icon_thum Scott great pick on the wood - I love the way the grain looks:icon_thum Would love to see the other pens as well -

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Alex has the gift. :icon_thum I sat and watched the demo he put on at the Klingsport show. :elvis:

Danny

J

jeff...

great wood makes for a great pen in the hands of a master - great pen Alex :thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS