Bosch 12 inch Miter Saw

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I recently purchased a Makita 10" slider (model LS1019L) with soft start. Is performing very well for me!

Wayne

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Did you get the stand for it as well? I see Home Depot is offering the stand and saw for $599.00.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Did you get the stand for it as well? I see Home Depot is offering the stand and saw for $599.00.

Yes. Got the Makita stand as well.
(I purchased mine from Acme Tool and the stand was part of a Makita promo- same price.)

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
The chatter from some of the people I know is the Bosch 10" saw is only outdone by the Festool. The 12" does not rise to the same level. My guess it has more to do with a 12" blades and the chatter associated with a blade that size......... just the commentary from the locals.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
The chatter from some of the people I know is the Bosch 10" saw is only outdone by the Festool. The 12" does not rise to the same level. My guess it has more to do with a 12" blades and the chatter associated with a blade that size......... just the commentary from the locals.
I have the 12" version, while Ive never used the Festool , this saw is second to none that I can tell.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Seems a lot of mixed reviews. Some suggest way too much slop and dust collection is terrible. Others love the daylights out of them.
I gave up on thinking any miter saw was a woodworking machine. Carpentry only.

Curious, the reference to the 10 vs 12. Older rear rail Makita was loved. New one much sloppier. I wish I still had my simple original Delta as at least it was not sloppy. Way too short of capacity, but was a reliable tool and was light enough to be actually portable for carpentry jobs.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I kinda agree with you. The miter saws all have a certain amount of inaccuracies to contend with. The thing that helped my Dewalt was getting a better full kerf blade. But, tbh, with fine woodworking most of the cutting is with smaller pieces, so a 7-8" miter saw would be enough.

Seems a lot of mixed reviews. Some suggest way too much slop and dust collection is terrible. Others love the daylights out of them.

Curious, the reference to the 10 vs 12. Older rear rail Makita was loved. New one much sloppier. I wish I still had my simple original Delta as at least it was not sloppy. Way too short of capacity, but was a reliable tool and was light enough to be actually portable for carpentry jobs.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User

The key is letting the blade do the cutting, too many people try to horse them down through a cut. Thats where you get deflection and innacuracies.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
This is a good point. There's inherently some flex in all the ones I've looked, but some are definitely worse than others. I do believe motion dynamics when pulling back and making the cut are a factor you have to think about not horsing through a cut.

The other factor is the blade. A thin kerf is going to flex and you can get a wavy cut path.

I view my miter saw as a cut off saw, I do the accurate 90's on a table saw sled b/c I can't trust the Bosch to be perfect 90. Kind of disappointing for a $600 saw. Plastic indexing lever (???) Of course, I'm coming from a furniture making mindset, not construction.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
This is a good point. There's inherently some flex in all the ones I've looked, but some are definitely worse than others. I do believe motion dynamics when pulling back and making the cut are a factor you have to think about not horsing through a cut.

The other factor is the blade. A thin kerf is going to flex and you can get a wavy cut path.

I view my miter saw as a cut off saw, I do the accurate 90's on a table saw sled b/c I can't trust the Bosch to be perfect 90. Kind of disappointing for a $600 saw. Plastic indexing lever (???) Of course, I'm coming from a furniture making mindset, not construction.
I use mine almost daily for dead on 90s with a thin kerf Forrest blade

mpeele

michael
User

If you are making a through cut on a slider pulling out that's a recipe for poor performance on any slider. You cut through on push stroke.
If you are getting a wavy cut on any blade thickness on any saw your feed rate is too fast for the blade or you blade is dull or damaged.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I got this reply from Bosch.

Thank you for contacting Bosch!
I appreciate your interest with our Bosch Miter Saw.
Our Bosch CM10GD has the soft start feature. You can go to: CM10GD | 10 In. Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw | Bosch Power Tools to check on this.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us back. You can respond to this email or call us at 1-877-BOSCH99 (1-877-267-2499) Mon-Fri: 7:00-19:00 CST.

The link states it is a no-load motor, is that the same as a soft start?

DJB

New User
Dan
Brand new member today, I own a Bosch 12" miter saw, GCM12SD, that I have not liked since new. My old Porter Cable non-sliding saw was much more accurate. The blade on this Bosch wobbles to the point that I can't get a clean miter cut when needed. I have replaced the blade several times with no change. I actually took one of the blades to a machine shop and had it straightened and balanced, didn't help. I just purchased all the internal parts that have anything to do with the blade thinking something is bent or machined incorrectly. I have not received the parts yet but at this point, If they don't fix the problem, I will give this one away and look elsewhere for my next purchase. I don't want to sound like a grumbler, most of the tools in my shop do a great job. This saw just hasn't lived up to its reputation.

I did contact Bosch. very courteous but was unable to give any ideas or help.

Last edited:

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Brand new member today, I own a Bosch 12" miter saw, GCM12SD, that I have not liked since new. My old Porter Cable non-sliding saw was much more accurate. The blade on this Bosch wobbles to the point that I can't get a clean miter cut when needed. I have replaced the blade several times with no change. I actually took one of the blades to a machine shop and had it straightened and balanced, didn't help. I just purchased all the internal parts that have anything to do with the blade thinking something is bent or machined incorrectly. I have not received the parts yet but at this point, If they don't fix the problem, I will give this one away and look elsewhere for my next purchase. I don't want to sound like a grumbler, most of the tools in my shop do a great job. This saw just hasn't lived up to its reputation.

I did contact Bosch. very courteous but was unable to give any ideas or help.
where did you buy it?

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have a Bosch 12" miter saw. It is not a slider. Sliders have play in the sliding mechanism. My saw is dead on with 90 degree or angles. I really don't understand some of the problems. I haven't experienced any of the things listed. I use a thin kerf blade. If I really want to make heavy cuts I have my Delta RAS. Because I'm working with small things every cut is slow an easy.

Pop

DJB

New User
Dan
where did you buy it?
I bought it from a local wood working retailer. They no longer carry Bosch tools. They are now carrying Festool. I bought this saw before the big box stores started selling them.

A friend of mine just bought the same saw from Menards and says his is very smooth and is happy with it. that gives me hope that the parts I ordered will solve the vibration problem.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS