Bosch 12 In. Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw - GCM12SD

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Greetings All!
I'm needing to replace my aging miter saw with a 12" slider. Considering the Bosch saw GCM12SD. I do not plan on moving the saw for remote work. Any one have one of these? Also - any preference for a laser vs. a shadow line marker?
Appreciate all remarks/comments!
Thanks!

prototype3a

Drew
User
I have had the Bosch 12" axial glide saw for several years. It is honestly a pretty good saw but you should know that it has side to side play in the mechanism.

I've heard that the blade shadow system Dewalt uses is VERY effective but I haven't used it myself. I know a guy who uses Dewalt DWS780s with the shadow system almost exclusively for high end carpentry. He likes it more than a Festool Kapex for several reasons.

Personally, I'd take a hard look at the 12" Makita slider. I've never seen one in a store but a few months ago, I spotted one on a jobsite and so I stopped to talk to the guys using it and generally check it out. It is much more of a precise saw compared to the Bosch.

I used to work somewhere that had a Makita LS1040 and correctly adjusted, that saw had almost no play at all and was just amazing. I did miss the front bevel lock controls of my Bosch but the lack of play was amazing for precise work. I've thought about picking up a LS1040 but I do wish it was dual bevel or atleast allowed ~10degrees of "back bevel" in the other direction.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors