Bona Anti-slip Stair Tread Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I have stair treads that I plan to install and would like to get a close match to my flooring. The flooring is prefinished hickory and the treads are unfinished hickory. From what I can find, Bona does not offer samples—otherwise I would make test pieces!

I would like to use Bona anti-slip based on positive reviews, but am concerned about the tint/color match. From what I understand, the Bona waterborne finishes leave the wood looking almost unfinished. Have any of you that used Bona waterborne finishes found issues with matching wood tint/color? I’ve read about using Bona Amberseal to help “warm up” the color—has anyone used this before?

The attached image is of the pr finished floor I am concerned with matching.

Thanks,

Zach

Attachments

• 988B228F-4944-4286-8161-8B8C3C2244A0.jpg
    988B228F-4944-4286-8161-8B8C3C2244A0.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 156

Jeff

New User
Jeff
We have a Bona water-borne finish on our white oak floors. For a few stair treads I wouldn't worry about making them a close match to the existing floor because there a small part of a bigger picture.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
My advice is to make test pieces and try it out.

Most water based finishes are super clear. The amber seal will most likely do what you need,but the question is how many coats of it will you need to get it to match satisfactorily.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I planned to make test pieces, but am hesitant to spend $200 without knowing if it will be close.

After a google image search it looks like the Naturalseal will probably be closer a closer tint/color match. The Amber seems too orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS