Bluebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

stave

New User
stave
Been awhile since I posted. Been doing chainsaw carvings and must admit they wear me down so in the evenings I am not motivated to do much.

This is a small carving and is the first that I really put color on. Scary to paint things sometimes. Another experiment with color and backgrounds. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Mark
www.stromcarver.com

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Another winner!

Funny thing though.
I find myself looking at the background more than the bird.
I really like the grain pattern and the reeds!

pete

uncledavid

New User
David
Mark, where is the bird house? he looks like he is about to fly off that branch....LOL....truly.....what a great job.
David...

stave

New User
stave
Bobby, not sure about either. The gallery mainly helps price the work and my memory is fuzzy so I will get back to you.

Andy the depth is around 5/16, it is amazing what a slight undercut can do to give depth.

Pete I am glad you like the background. Chose the wood for the grain and the grass was an after thought. To tell the truth it was done and in the frame about to be wrapped for the trip to the gallery when I thought man it needs something. My hand was shaking when I went to put it in knowing if I messed up there was no way to repair it and it would be rework time.

Thanks for all the nice comments. They buffer my tendency of being a pretty harsh self critic.

Mark

MagGeorge

New User
George
Excellent! It has a certain mystique and depth to it. I absolutely love pieces like this. Keep them coming and thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors