Blast from the Past Saw Blade

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Forgot I had this, so I loaded it up on my saw. I got this in the 80's thinking 1985-ish. Anyway, pretty sure I got it to trim down a door....... not. Nah just curiosity

I think this is the 3rd time I used it. The pix speak for themselves. It does cut a radius and you can side swale out wood with it......... as long as you want that rustic beaver butcher finish look. Think I paid 5.88 for it.

Thinking the next time I need to do a saw safety class I'll use this blade...... :oops: :D

Any of you ever waste 6 bucks on this too ?

Attachments

• Awesome saw blade (1).jpg
    Awesome saw blade (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 204
  • Awesome saw blade (2).jpg
    Awesome saw blade (2).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 199

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
While it looks MEAN, only the tips do any cutting. That is unless you can bounce saw up and down 15,000 times a minute (5000 RPM X 3).

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Oh I love the reverse teeth, just put your saw in reverse and cut your way back out. ;) ;) ;) I do remember those blades being offered, but never thought I needed one. Great way to get that rustic look.

Reactions: Oka

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
I actually don't under this blade? I cut radii and hog out wood with a regular blade.

What was the advertised use?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
That cut was done full blade depth, the only thing I see that blade doing well is hogging it does not have any kick when you do it, other than that it is a novelty only, maybe the inventor hadn't discovered circles yet.

I actually don't under this blade? I cut radii and hog out wood with a regular blade.

What was the advertised use?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors