Blanket Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncleet

New User
Lee
My daughter asked me for a blanket chest when she was home at Thanksgiving. She said she wanted SIMPLE lines and no raised panel look. This was the result. It's relatively small as she requested. I think she likes it. It's oak, cedar lined, using torsion hinges and a lock from Rockler.com Thanks for taking a look.
Lee

DSCN0595.JPG

View image in gallery

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Lee,

She looks PUMPED about it! And she should be because that is excellent work. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up I really like the contrast between the oak and cedar. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lee you made the young lady very happy. What kind of finish did you use?

ncleet

New User
Lee
Lee you made the young lady very happy. What kind of finish did you use?

Scott, It's Deft satin lacquer, thinned just a bit and brushed on. Three coats. Nothing fancy but I find it easy to work with and very forgiving.

Lee

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Scott, It's Deft satin lacquer, thinned just a bit and brushed on. Three coats. Nothing fancy but I find it easy to work with and very forgiving.

Lee

Yep I like lacquer, too!

The blanket chest looks great. The smile on your daughter's face says it all. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Excellent work Lee. Your daughter looks delighted and I'm sure she'll put it to good use. Probably the beginning of an heirloom piece. :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS