Bird House blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
We took some birdhouse blanks to our last event and the kids just loved making them!
I could use some help with getting some ready for Agri-civi day. I am have some small health problems and cannot use saws at this time. Golfdad (Dirk) has the cedar fence boards at his house. He is in the middle of a remodel right now and can't get them cut. He will try to get someone in the Raleigh area the boards. The plans are the one board birdhouse on the Lowes site.

Could someone help us out? :wsmile:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wish I could help, but I'm still building my shop and it would be hard to transport the wood here to VA, but I will be at the event to help out.

Surely there are a bunch of people in the Cary/Raleigh/Apex area that could knock a bunch of these out quickly. The deadline is August 19. Please somebody contact Dirk (Golfdad) or Berta if you can spend a couple hours cutting some boards.

We need help here and NCWW has a tradition of stepping up and doing just that - helping us and others.

And... if you've never been to the Albemarle Agri-Civic day you don't know what you're missing. Yes, its usually hot in August in Albemarle, but the event is jam packed with fun events and you won't be sorry you attended. If you can help out in our booth that's even better. No training necessary. Anybody can help kids build a birdhouse or turn a light saber - we can teach you that in 20 minutes.

Come one - come all - to the greatest show on earth - or something like that.

Brogan

New User
I would if I could but my tools (what few I have) are currently in the living room surrounded by boxes, ready for our fourth and final (?) move.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would if I could but my tools (what few I have) are currently in the living room surrounded by boxes, ready for our fourth and final (?) move.

I have the same problem. I know I have that tool but I just wonder what box it is in. Moving sucks, but the end process is the thing that makes it worthwhile. We already love the new place we live, but there is so much to do to get the shop set up. It will all be better, but it takes time. I feel your pain and hope we both get to a point where we want to be and can continue to make stuff instead of dealing with our shop.

Carry on. You sound like you're getting there very well. Good luck with the move and all it entails.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Phil if u need i can cut em up also, dont know who is closer to Dirk but I think I am. I am in middle of big job, so I can take a day to cut if needed :D:D

PS: did I mention NON PROFIT job? lol

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil if u need i can cut em up also, dont know who is closer to Dirk but I think I am. I am in middle of big job, so I can take a day to cut if needed :D:D

PS: did I mention NON PROFIT job? lol

Dirk is going to drop the wood off at my house. I should be able to find some time to cut these up on Sat and Sunday. I will call you if I run short of time

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK I will cut up as many as I have wood for.
The cut pieces will be ready for pickup at my shop late sunday afternoon
or
I can put them in my truck and take them to the monthly lunch on friday the 18th

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
43 bird houses ready for eager children to assemble

attachment.php

My shop now smells like a gerbil cage

Opps I see I forgot to drill the hole - will do tomorrow morning

Attachments

• IMG_2625.JPG
    IMG_2625.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 227

ck1999

Chris
User
Where can u get cedar fence slats at now? Tried both big box and both say they no longer carry them.

Chris

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Where can u get cedar fence slats at now? Tried both big box and both say they no longer carry them.

Chris

Lowes only sells the PT now

I called Home Depot in Knightdale and they said they had the cedar. When I went there all they had was cedar stained PT. The "lumber manager" did not seem to know the difference

The Home Depot on Strickland in North Raleigh did have the cedar

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

My sincere thanks to NCWW for this interactive opportunity for children at Agri-Civic Day. You're the best!!

:notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS