Best two days...I believe ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent innc

New User
Brent
I just spent two days in a class with Helen Gibson here in Hickory.

For those that aren't familiar with Helen, she is the carver from Brasstown, the John Campbell Folk School. She has several carving books in print, Moses, St. Francis, a Nativity and the animals of the Nativity.
If any of you ever wanted to learn to carve, I would recommend one of her classes. Hell, even experienced carvers can benefit from her teachings.
If any would ever be interested in the next class, let me know and I'll see if you can get a spot.
Steve likes to keep it to a good point so every one benefits and Helen doesn't get overwhelmed.
Aside from the carving, you can also have some pretty good laughs with the group that usually goes especially if Lewis is there.....I think he could make a dead person laugh.
Oh yeah, it is a three day class but someone (who will remain nameless, let the knife slip) accidently cut their hand and didn't participate the third day, due to the location of the cut.:eusa_clap :) :eusa_danc :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Hope the pain of the cut is less than that of missing the class!! Heal soon!!

ccccarving

New User
Charles
Hello Brent,
I've had several friends tell me she's a wonderful teacher. Maybe I can get to enjoy her class soon. It was nice to hear about some more carvers out there.

Thanks Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS