Best support ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I just recently had a negative event with my Easy Wood full size Ci3 hollower. The insert came out while I was turning and imbedded itself in the inside of the neck of the bowl I was turning.:( I was able to retrieve the insert but the screw was lost. I emailed Easy Wood Tools service and got a very quick reply. I explained the event and asked if they could send me 6 replacement screws. They promptly replied and shipped me 6 screws at no cost.:thumbs_up After re-installing the insert, I went back to turning. In less than 5 minutes the insert came off again------only this time I lost insert and screw and noticed damage to the end of the shaft where the insert is fastened. :( So---------------I contacted them again, after due discussion with the service rep we decided it best to return the tool to them for their evaluation. Today I received a replacement for my hollower at no charge-----not even shipping cost for returning the damaged tool or sending the new replacement to me. That kind of service can't be beat. All of about 10 days from first contact to having the issue resolved. Needless to say I am a happy camper. Now I'll go ahead and buy the rougher my next trip to Klingspor!!!:gar-Bi

Jerry

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I had a similar experience years ago with my Porter Cable router bushing set where many of the bushings and their corresponding threaded collar could not be threaded tightly together to secure them to the router subbase due to the threads being cut to tightly (the most I could get was a few turns before pliers were necessary, but then disassembly later would have been difficult). I had returned the set twice at Bradenton, FL Home Depot, and then for a third time at a Home Depot in Orlando (while visiting my sister) and every set had the same issue with at least a few of the included bushings -- so I decided to call Porter Cable directly to see if we could resolve my issue more satisfactorily as I needed a complete working set of bushings (and I am a bit if a stickler for details like that whenever I buy something).

The Porter Cable representative was as puzzled as I was that so many different sets (all purchased within a few weeks span) would all exhibit the same flaw. I suspect the question of whether I was too picky or properly using them likely entered their thoughts as well as I am sure they get all sorts of calls from people who do not know how to use tools properly. But they really wanted to get hold of my set that was exhibiting the issue and, without any hassle whatsoever, they offered to ship me a pre-inspected set of bushings by UPS 2nd Day Air along with a prepaid return shipping label so that I could return my defective set at no cost using the same packaging. So, two days late,r I had a perfectly functional set of bushings and, two more days later, Porter Cable had hold of my defective set for them to evaluate n whatever way the saw fit and hopefully learned something to help improve their manufacturing in the process.

I was very impressed that they were willing to make that effort for a $40 item, both to make myself, the customer, happy and to get hold of a potential defect so that their QA team could see and evaluate the problem first hand and, perhaps, get an early handle on a developing issue they were quite possibly unaware of. It is amazing the extent to which a well handled Customer Service issue goes towards changing a customer's negative perceptions of a product (or brand) into glowing praise instead -- if only every company would treat customers this way!

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Glad to hear that Easy Wood Tools stands behind their product(s). I have several of their turning tools.

Red

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Glad to hear that Easy Wood Tools stands behind their product(s). I have several of their turning tools.

Red

I was extremely happy with Easy Wood Tools. I have since bought the full size rougher as I had stated I would, I have 3 of them now. Their tools are not cheap---------but you are not buying just the tool with them. Their service is unsurpassed.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS